Homelite red piant

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite shows part number 23475 for red paint on a 650. AFAIK thats a Homelite only number. I've never saw any cross references to any other paint codes. I've purchased a few cans of this actual Homelite paint, but even it was a bit darker than the original, even comparing to spots that had not seen sunlight. I've tried a few different dupli-color and some other Krylons, but none match as they really shoould. Either too orange or not orange enough. I'm itching to get a can of the Ford red that was mentioned on another forum to see how it looks, because in the photos, it looked not bad.

Dan

Duplicolor 1605

I picked up some duplicolor 1605. I also have some massey furguson red from a former project. I'll paint samples up so you can see the original vs differences etc............Have a good day.

I have an interesting observation about Homelite paint color. I just obtained a Canadian VI-922 and sitting next to my 955's, 925, etc. the thing looks almost orange. Anybody know if that is unique to Canadian-made Homelites? It is really a stark difference, and I'm almost certain it hasn't been repainted.

color comparison

See attached pictures. Left is Duplicolor DE1605, center is a new handle, right it Valspar Massey Ferguson classic Red. The handle on the saw is on a homelite 650.

See attached pictures. Left is Duplicolor DE1605, center is a new handle, right it Valspar Massey Ferguson classic Red. The handle on the saw is on a homelite 650.

Ditto on the MF red. I used it on my 1050 and it really matches a new handle and clutch cover.

I added a top coat of clear polyurethane to help resist fuel - working very well on the 1050, mac 125, and Mall GP.

Back