Homelite Super 2 Problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinxpress

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have an old Homelite Super 2, UN 104554. I bought it 10 years ago, used, and it's been a handy little saw. Recently it floods when cutting in the horizontal position and then stops. Put it upright and re-start and have to hold it wide open to clear fuel.

I pulled the engine unit from the case and found it has a Walbro HDC carb on it, with NO high speed adjustment, only low speed jet and idle screw. I know there is no float in these little carbs, so what could be the problem? Needle/seat? I'm sure I need a kit for the carb, hope they are still available.

Also, I pulled the flywheel to check the condition of the points, they look to be in good shape. Point gap is .018" and I have no idea just what it should be. Can anyone give me the point gap?

I use my 1977 Stihl 031 AV for the real cutting, just can't give the old girl up !

Thanks for any help, Tom

Points gap is exactly the same as the coil/FW gap at 0.015"

The carb kit is Walbro K10-HDC, easy to find. I'd ditch that fixed high speed carb & get a HDC-65 (adjustable twin screws) carb if you're planning to actually work with that POS HDC-57 saw carb

Rubber duckbill check valve for the fuel tank is the long 98819, & the short 69451 goes on the porous fitting in the oil tank, but they do interchange...

Thanks for the replies folks. I did notice on the fuel tank that there is a small hole just below the fill cap. Nothing in it, guess there should be a vent valve in there (duck bill ?).

I really like this little saw for cutting limbs while on a ladder or after dropping a larger tree. Carb kit ordered.

Yep that gas tank hole once had a duck bill valve in it, but it melts into goo after years of exposure.

Those Super 2/XL2/LX30 saws are quite like fat girls & mopeds, you don't want your friends to see you on them...LOL

And stop that chainsaw on a ladder business, it will eventually catch up with you like in the photo below.

Buy a pole saw or rent a bucket lift.

Attachments

• Mr. Tree Trimmer.jpg
    Mr. Tree Trimmer.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back