Homelite super xl automatic help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccrain

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok i found the super xl automatic my grandma bought new when she worked at the homelite plant for my grandpa.It is missing idle screws on the cab,air filter and gas cap but I can get those from chainsawr.com.The problem is the clutch will not turn by hand,like clutch is locked up or something is locked up.I got the saw running by priming cab,and while running chain would not turn.IF i could find a super xl parts saw cheap would be nice,to complete/fix this old saw.Any ideas what this problem could be?The homelite plant were my grandma worked was open along time aand closed in about 2000.My mom worked there in about 1997 till closing.My mom worked refurbishing weed eaters.When the plant shut down they moved to Illinois.My mom got bags full of homelite 2 stroke unopened,drill bits etc when they closed.I still have some of the homelite mix.

The clutch drum doesn't spin freely on the crank shaft ? Must be the clutch drum bearing.

Latest posts

Back