Homelite Super XL Automatic Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
On Saturday I went to a local junk dealer and found a blue super XL automatic that I purchased for $15. I brought it home put fresh gas in it and she runs great, it has a 20" hard nose Homelite bar and almost new Oregon chain. I checked the serial number and it is a 1972 model. My questions are: I was unaware that the blue XL saws were ever fully automatic oilers, this saw does not have the manual oiler. This saw has a green colored clutch cover that has decals that say "automatic" and "lightest saw in the XL series", is this the correct clutch cover. I have seen the funky green on Homeys before but not on XLs. Does this sound correct to you guys or is it a "frankensaw"? Regardless it runs great and will make a good loaner saw.

Steve

My Super XL has a green front handle. The clutch cover is probably correct. Great saws and for $15 a great deal!! Automatic oiling... yep, in blue and red and in green and...any combination they had at the time on the line probably.

Last edited:
Back