Homelite VI Super 2

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I just wondered if there is anyone who is a big fan of the Homelite VI Super 2. Thoughts and impressions of them.
I have one I'm thinking about selling, because I mostly like larger Echo and Homelite saws.
Den.

I like the one I have, it's a zippy little bugger and always start and runs well. Handy saw to have when you're cutting up small stuff and want to use the saw with one hand. Downside is the fixed main jet but mine seems to be real close to the right setting (still slightly rich), and the oiling system sucks. Some have a pressurized oil tank and some have a crankcase pulse operated pump and I believe there were problems with either. I modified the first type and managed to get it working well.

Very interesting "Old2stroke", I did not know that about the oiling system.
All Super 2's have a pressurized oil tank and the crankcase pulse pump. Early Super 2's had a fix high speed jet, later models had a fully adjustable carb.

The only ones that had a pressurized only oil system was the XL, and only for a few years.

Latest posts

Back