Homelite XL-113

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjh1

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
xl-113 think i have already have asked on this but couldn't find the thread , i've pulled points and cleaned , gaped at .015 now have great spark ! had it running but now all i can get it to do is pop and make some attempts to run ... definitely getting fuel plug is wet .... change plug it pops again ... i've tried 1.5 out both screws to start , 2 out still won't take off on it's own ??? i've got a torn bicep in right arm so pulling with left arm is awkward & 1 heck of a work out ..... Thanks

I'd try setting those H and L screws to 1 turn out only. Remove the spark plug and spin it over several times with no plug to purge it of any fuel. Then reinstall the plug and try it. It could possibly just be too rich and staying flooded all the time. The "pop" could be from the first bit of fuel that hits the cylinder prior to the overly rich mixture flooding it out as it is being cranked.

i've got a 40:1 mix in it should i go 32:1 ? i'm using high quality oil and premium fuel ? can the condenser keep it from running ? which confuses me because it was running fair , i added fuel to the tank and that's where it's at now with choke on and trigger set full is when it tries with choke off and throttle at idle position it pulls over very hard ! very hard

could I be getting Hydraulic lock ? without the choke on ? think I may pull the muffler to see if and how much build up there may be ?

Back