Homelite XL Automatic Bringing back to life

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evin

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well I just picked up my dads old homelite and it has been sitting in my moms garage for 10+ years. I thought that I might try to resurrect it back to life. It indicates to use 8 oz per gallon of 30 weight oil??? Should I try this mix or use my current 40:1 to get it started..... Also, I'm not sure how gummed up it is, but is there anything that I should do to treat the gas tank? I have not done anything yet, but it seems as though the gas line is 1/8 inch brass tubing for the fuel line. Where can I pick up a service manual? Any help is appreciated.

I run mine on 32:1 with modern 2 stroke oil. I believe that the metal line your looking at is the bar oiler line. Hose out the gas tank with carb cleaner and put a new fuel filter in it. Also, it doesn't hurt to spray a little WD-40 down the sparkplug hole and let it sit for a few days. I think that your air filter is foam, you can wash it with water and dish soap and let it dry, if its flaking trash it and buy a new one.

Latest posts

Back