homelite xl gas cap /primer bulb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campazzada

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a homelite XL with a bad primer bulb/gas cap. just wonderin if I can plug the primer bulb line and just use a regular gas cap. I see some of these saw didn't have the primer bulb. The only gas cap I can find onthe BAY is 20.00 deosent seem worth puttin it on a saw that's only worth double that , if that and the regular gas caps are much cheaper........ any ideas also the tag on the saw says UT 407531 SER # HR2181272 I look it up on parts sites in the internet and cant come up with anything. the tag is quite faded and wore out.

I have a homelite XL with a bad primer bulb/gas cap. just wonderin if I can plug the primer bulb line and just use a regular gas cap. I see some of these saw didn't have the primer bulb. The only gas cap I can find onthe BAY is 20.00 deosent seem worth puttin it on a saw that's only worth double that , if that and the regular gas caps are much cheaper........ any ideas also the tag on the saw says UT 407531 SER # HR2181272 I look it up on parts sites in the internet and cant come up with anything. the tag is quite faded and wore out.
I'd say put a drop in tank fuel filter on the end of the line and drop it into the tank then put on a regular cap. Wouldn't that be a better idea on how to get around the primer cap?

Back