Homelite XL1

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

international

Reaction score
Hello : I'm new here. I found this site a while ago while searching for homelite information, I've decided to join up. I live in Canada and we cut lots o wood here to keep warm . I recently decided to revitalize my old HOMELITE XL1 . I ran an ad looking for a parts saw and ended up buyin 3 more complete XL-1's . Two of them are in better shape than mine . I was looking at some old post here trying to figure out what guide bar I could get that would work on these old saws. BTW>>>> homelite XL-1 is the Canadian version of the SUPER EZ model sold in the states . I was also wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be possible to convert these saws to CDI ignition. I 've decided to choose one of the four saws I now own and go over it completely and rebuild one . I've always liked these saws found them to have great power to weight/size ratio (as good as any modern saw) . The saw my father taught me on was a HOMELITE so there is some nostalgia and tradition playing a role in my endeavor....... So that's all fer now . I would appreciate any knowledge and experience any one more knowledgeable could share . Thanks in advance for your time and patience

Thank You for that undee70ss , I shall check into that .Theese are great little saws for limbing and brushing. they are louder than modern ones but I wear ear plugs under my helmet muffs and I install 1/2inch foam pipe insulation on the handle bars .There seems to be lots of them around so I figure they must have been fairly durable. The original one I have had no easy life . I stopped using it because it developed starting issues (probably just needs a WALBRO k10 HDC carb kit ), and my wife bought me a new 026STHIL. You know your wife really loves you when she buys you a gun or a chainsaw for your birthday. Anyway I now own a fleet of these guys and I'm gonna do one up . I think I read somewhere that the super EZ of some model year came factory equipped with CDI ignition. does anyone know anything about this??? Is it perhaps possible to convert an old saw with points/condenser to CDI style ignition using aftermarket bits? Thanks again love the site happy to be onboard.....

Your saw takes the Homelite “3” or Oregon K095 mount bar. There is still lots of NOS parts for these saws. Here’s a IPL if you need one.

https://www.leonschainsawpartsandre...ite_xl-1_chainsaw_ipl_24323t__revision_6_.pdf

Latest posts

Back