Homelite XL12 ignition question (interchange)??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockeydeuce

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm just working a trade on some parts with another AS member and I need a coil for my XL12 (Red saw with electronic module).....The other fellow has a red "XL". Will the XL ignition fit my XL12????:confused:

My coil is light blue and his is black.

OK....Here's a pic of the coil on my XL12 that I'm hoping to replace with the black coil from Kevlar.

IMG_3800.jpg

Does anyone have a clue if that will works for sure???:confused:

They had 2 different ones,1 was solid state and the other was points.
Used in XL-12, XLAO and SXLAO.

A94605S------solid state
A94325-------points

Flywheels were the same.

They had 2 different ones,1 was solid state and the other was points.
Used in XL-12, XLAO and SXLAO.

A94605S------solid state
A94325-------points

Flywheels were the same.

Thanks, Scooterbum!

Maybe I'll take a chance on it.....I don't even care if I have to go back to points in the XL12. The whole point for me is to just make it run again. It's not that I'm really even going to use the Homelite! It just bugs me having saws that don't run.:chainsaw:

I'm pretty sure I have a spare coil for one of those down in the basement. I'll take a look later. Let me know if you need it - I saved it from an XL-12 carcass as a spare for my XL Auto (reverse of your situation) but if you need it you can have it. And you're only an hour and a bit up the road from me, so that's no biggie!

I'm pretty sure I have a spare coil for one of those down in the basement. I'll take a look later. Let me know if you need it - I saved it from an XL-12 carcass as a spare for my XL Auto (reverse of your situation) but if you need it you can have it. And you're only an hour and a bit up the road from me, so that's no biggie!

That's kind of you Brad, But I'm trying to make a trade with Kevlar to help him out, as he needs a set of 064 cases I have. I might be back to you though, and we can maybe do some trading on the 44 Husky parts you need, if that helps you out too......BTW is your spare coil blue???

Thanks again, man!!:cheers:

I swapped an SXL coil on to a very early XL-12 I restored for a guy this summer, and it worked just fine. I thought it was ignition, but it turns out to have probably been that stupid Tillotson governor.....

Saw left here with a SXL homelite carb on it, and points ignition.

Flywheels are different!!! I've done this swap before. You have to get the proper flywheel to match the ignition module.

and if memory serves the flywheel for the black solid state modules and the blue s.s. modules are different as well. For sure the ones for points are way different.

Get the right coil and if it is point type ignition I personally would do away with that and put a Mega Fire electronic ignition module on it. They only cost fifteen bucks.

:) I don't feel so alone now. :cheers:

I gotta give it to you, Mark. If you had not run out of carbs, there would be a BUNCH of poor perforning saws lying around. I know I've already made the "hit list" for my tilly governer disable mission. I know others who are delighted with your discovery also. :cheers:

Yep, the spare coil I have is indeed a blue one. I never did check under the flywheel of that parts saw to see if it was points or electronic though. I still have access to it though, since I gave it to my friend in exchange for a couple 181SE parts. So, if it turns out you need a coil + flywheel, I should be able to hook you up. I don't remember the flywheel being damaged anyway.

Here's my coil:

attachment.php

Just thought i reserrect this thread to let everyone know the price on a new replacement coil for the xl 12 and super xl

A94605S replacement will cost around $ 69.99 free shipping to your door cause when someone orders one on my site usa customers as well as canada will get Free Shipping with the order i can get them aftermarket

thanks
calvin

Back