Homelite Zip chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HOMELITE 500 CHAINSAW????

I HAVE A HOMELITE MODEL 500 CHAINSAW. I NEED ANY INFO ON THIS SAW. ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR SAW. GOT IT FROM AN ELDERLY GENTLEMAN. IT IS IN GREAT SHAPE, HE HAD IT IN HIS GARAGE AND SAID HE HAD NOT RUN THE SAW IN MANY YEARS. SERIOUSLY LOUD SAW AND SOME CARB FOULING DUE TO SITTING SO LONG. PROJECT IN PROGRESS WHEN THE WIFE IS AWAY. LOOKS SIMILAR TO A ZIP, BUT LARGER BAR AND IT LOOKS LIKE A 2.5 HORSE BRIGGS SITTING ON A ZIP SAW. PURE RED HOMELITE THOUGH. FUEL MIX???? I HAVE BEEN RUNNING IT RICH. ANY AND ALL INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. MUST HAVE BEEN SOME SAW IN IT'S DAY.

Yeah my best friend has the homelite zip 77cc he has had bad luck with it in the past just trying to get it running and keep it running. So i got my hands into it too new fuel lines. Tillotson carb kit home made intake gasket. We torched the exhaust spark arrestor and cleaned out the exhaust port and put the power head together. Sure enough the pull it pops off. So open the choke and pulled again with a hand full of throttle and it came to life smoking like a wildfire. Had to lean out the high end a bit then set the low end circut and fires up easy idles nice at all angles. We will have a youtube vid up soon when we get the bar and chain on it

Attachments

• 1417321992793.jpg
    1417321992793.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back