Homelite ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

confused

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
John Deere is selling homelite to some company based out of Hong Kong. What is happening out there that homelite is being thrown around like the village bicycle? Does anyone know a little more than I do? I'm just curious is all. I have a stihl but that doesn’t mean I want to see the homelite name brand disappear to that big forest in the sky.

I disagree confused--I want Homelite to die and the sooner the better. They are nothing like they were and are a complete embarrassment to themselves. Their old saws rivaled the best in the industry and were used by professionals from coast to coast. Now they are toys!!!! Sonny I think the Deere Stihl thing is already done on paper, you just have not seen it in the market yet. I think it was in P.E.T. mag or something. Dont expect to see green 088's or 009's though. I think it is more of a dealership thing and a merger in the home and garden part. Maybe Stihl is jealous of Husqvarnas riding lawnmowers! BTW-anyone know who makes Husky riders or do they make them themselves.

i hear you there on what has happened to homeltie. it is jsut aplain out discrace. the old ones that i ahve will rip a stihl apart 5 ways till sunday. the new ones are no better than the plastic that they are made out of. but it would be funny is sthil changed their colors to orange, white and green. the green would be fitting when they go against a husk. they will turn green with envy. :)

Hey Huskyman, don't you have a Husky lawnmower? - I am disappointed. I have one of their 18hp, 2-cylinder ones and it is pretty nice. As they say, you get what you pay for, this was a bit more than the 'cheap' ones on the market, but those ain't 2-cylinder. Made by Husq plant, I believe in NC and not private labeled of some other mfg. Nice machine, the 2-cyl makes it pretty smooth to run, alot more so than those thumper single-cylinders. Have you seen their 'automatic' ones, that run themselves to mow your lawn, operator not required? Those are pretty cool, but I don't know of anyone who actually has one.

....but I still got the Stihl 026 fer a chainsaw.

No I have a ten year old Deere that runs too damn good to sell:eek: I just wanted to make sure Husky had their name on a good product

Back