Homemade firewood processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is pretty neat! What are some of the components that you used to build it, store bought & laying around your shop? How long did it take to build? I especially like how you cut the logs too. Does your bar and chain get oil and if so, how? :clap:

Hey All,

what do you think about my homemade firewood processor.. ?

Are only at test 2, so don't cut me down to hard. :chainsaw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ZilOQCE5M

/MA

Heja Sverige! Go Sweden Go!!

Välkommen till världens bästa skogsforum! Welcome to the best Arborist forum in the world.

Very well designed fire wood processor. Like that feeding of the log, conveyor...allows slippage and canät break from overload....

Would be nice to see details of the wedge.....

What's the hydraulic numbers? like pump displacement...rpm...system pressure...cylinder diam, rod diameter, cylinder stroke, power unit engine or electric motor?

I bet you have experience from Swedish logging industry. Harvester operator???

Give me a qoute and I buy the second one. Keep improving and protect your design.

Lycka till! Good Luck!

Per A

aw come on

fd Östersundare med 26 år i svenskt skogsbruk!

Good job!

Wow, great job! Looks like you've put some serious thought into that. Welcome to the site.

3 things, just from observation.

1. a little gaurding around the saw
2. some paddles or spikes of some sort one the feed conveyor, pretty sure i saw it slipping.
3. conveyor to carry away product.

just my opinion, looks like a solid machine!

Looking good:clap: We are starting on one ourselves, nothing to take pics of yet just gathering parts. Should be at the picture taking stages in a few weeks and if I can remember the camera I will try to take pics at every stage of construction.

3 things, just from observation.

1. a little gaurding around the saw
2. some paddles or spikes of some sort one the feed conveyor, pretty sure i saw it slipping.
3. conveyor to carry away product.

just my opinion, looks like a solid machine!

1. Agree about the guards around saw...:agree2:

2. I think there is a point with NO spikes on the belt...slippage is like a hydraulic relif valve....protecting the system from over load...:givebeer:

3. At end of movie they comment that they will be back with another test video including "elivator" wich is conveyor in Swedish...:greenchainsaw:

A general comment about costs of a project like this.....Steel is so much cheaper in Sweden....steel in Sweden is like oil in Venezuela.....way to much for the population....95% goes to export...wholesale in Sweden about 1$/lbs...in US about 2$/lbs....:cry:

I think we are going to see more from these guys.....:clap:

Thanks all.!

Sooo many questions..?? makes me ..:dizzy:

well.. I will try to explain some of them..

Started this project in november 2008, but have been thinking about it for
three years before starting to build. In that time I was able to collect some
important hydralic parts that has the right price on it. :)

The total price for the project so far including the conveyor witch will be
included in test 3 is 750$. Sofar I'm on the + side..:)

Pumpstation Parts:

2 p hydralic piston pumps from Sunfab(1017SR) 275bar (27,5mpa)
when connected the produce 160l/min and max pressure 275bar.

2 p 3/4" hoses on the pressure side and t 2 p 3/4" on the Tank side
that feeds the processor.

1 p 200l oil tank

The pumpstation is mounted (3 part) on one of mine tractors MF 178 (80 hp), when
pressing the system to what it can give the tractor dies..witch is only
producing 160l/min and 230bar! so more power needed!! :)

Firewwod processor parts:

1 p piston Rexroth 350bar, piston diameter is 12cm. and it can give with
maximum pressure 40tons. Today with the tractor I'm using 20tons. (Witch is enough!) ;-)
(The knife with 8 wings is blown away when I using hardox 600. :))

1 p two side valve 200l/min 350bar

1 p Parker hydralic sawengine F11-19c (19cc) 350l/min / 400bar (10.000rpm) on saft.
Double-power compares to Binderberger SP 450 and Porsch.
only using the Supercut 1000 from hultdins Parker F11-10 (10cc).

The complete sawunit was taken from an Harvester unit Hultdins K55E, witch had some broken parts on it.
bought it for 400$. With that unit comes automatic chainsaw oil feed and feedout bar speed and pressure.
All this is done automatic.. more oil and pressure .. more speeeeeeeeeeed.. :chainsaw:

Today the unit give 45Hp and 30 meter / secound on the chain speed.

The return movement of the sawbar and timber arm is made by airpressure tank on 10bar.

1 p orbirtrol motor for the feed conveyor. (And yes i slippering when the wood is weath or has snow on it, the
plan is to run this on good days = nice weather..) :)
It produces 8-9 cm3 (don't know the messaurement for us.?) wood per hour, so I'm using 35-40 cm3 wood per year.
so I will have all done in a day.. this includes putting up the machine with timber feeder and demount it..

I think a got it all.. :dizzy: the sawunit will get a protective huve over it.. planned for test 4.

looked pretty decent build to me, but i would get a bigger pump to speed up the splitting a bit... and definately needs conveyor....

ps. I think you meant to say m^3 isntead of cm^3, that latter one if awfully small amount :p

Last edited:
Ooops.. As I always says.. NO brain NO pain! :) of course I ment M^3..! :blush: Sorry..

Latest posts

Back