Homemade Max Flo filter for 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blokhead

Dean
Reaction score
I picked up a 12mm 044 for cheap, flywheel side bearing was shot causing an air leak, and a smoked piston. Came with the original style 3 stage filter which to me didn't seem like it would flow near enough air. I spent enough on the piston, bearings and seals, so I decided to make this.

I used a cut-off wheel on my dremel to remove the outer screen, then once that was off, I carefully cut the filter, and inner screen off with a large diameter wheel. Can't go too deep or you'll hit the heavy wire mesh inside which is what keeps the filter rigid.

Foam is from a sheet I got from Uni filters.
http://www.unifilter.com/accessories/

Its not bright green cause its pretty old. I will eventually make another one from that better looking piece. This was just a test. They both will be oiled with foam air filter oil.

In the plastic container is were the two ends were glued together with Threebond. I;ve used this before to make my own dirt bike filters. It will stay together.

I don't think you can get better air flow than this, along with excellent filtration.

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

I cut the foam 1/4" wider than the filter, and was just going to grease it like you do on a dirt bike filter. If it still leaks I could glue it, but then its a little harder to wash, and squeeze the excess filter oil out of.

I cut the foam 1/4" wider than the filter, and was just going to grease it like you do on a dirt bike filter. If it still leaks I could glue it, but then its a little harder to wash, and squeeze the excess filter oil out of.

don't listen to Jerry, i seen him hose clamp a sock on his 044.

Looks good. X2 on sealing the edges. Fines are relentless for finding any place they can to get past the filter. Let us know how it works out.

don't listen to Jerry, i seen him hose clamp a sock on his 044.

Heck ya! Panty hose makes a great filter as well but I never met a guy that wore them in the lumber camps where I worked but have seen a few West Coasters around the Cali area that was wearin them...LOL

Heck ya! Panty hose makes a great filter as well but I never met a guy that wore them in the lumber camps where I worked but have seen a few West Coasters around the Cali area that was wearin them...LOL

at first i was like WTF but then i seen Cali area there and realize your info here is accurate lol

Latest posts

Back