Homemade Max Flo filter for 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blokhead

Blokhead

Dean
I picked up a 12mm 044 for cheap, flywheel side bearing was shot causing an air leak, and a smoked piston. Came with the original style 3 stage filter which to me didn't seem like it would flow near enough air. I spent enough on the piston, bearings and seals, so I decided to make this.

I used a cut-off wheel on my dremel to remove the outer screen, then once that was off, I carefully cut the filter, and inner screen off with a large diameter wheel. Can't go too deep or you'll hit the heavy wire mesh inside which is what keeps the filter rigid.

Foam is from a sheet I got from Uni filters.
http://www.unifilter.com/accessories/

Its not bright green cause its pretty old. I will eventually make another one from that better looking piece. This was just a test. They both will be oiled with foam air filter oil.

In the plastic container is were the two ends were glued together with Threebond. I;ve used this before to make my own dirt bike filters. It will stay together.

I don't think you can get better air flow than this, along with excellent filtration.

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0139.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

Blokhead

Blokhead

Dean
I cut the foam 1/4" wider than the filter, and was just going to grease it like you do on a dirt bike filter. If it still leaks I could glue it, but then its a little harder to wash, and squeeze the excess filter oil out of.

Big_Wood

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
I cut the foam 1/4" wider than the filter, and was just going to grease it like you do on a dirt bike filter. If it still leaks I could glue it, but then its a little harder to wash, and squeeze the excess filter oil out of.

don't listen to Jerry, i seen him hose clamp a sock on his 044.

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
don't listen to Jerry, i seen him hose clamp a sock on his 044.

Heck ya! Panty hose makes a great filter as well but I never met a guy that wore them in the lumber camps where I worked but have seen a few West Coasters around the Cali area that was wearin them...LOL

Latest posts