Homemade Mill Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OZDOG

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, found some photos of my chainsaw mill that I haven't posted, thought you guys might like to see it. Milling up a eucalypt (ash).

yeah... same here. Also would like to know if there are bearings it runs on down that aluminum beam or just friction tight fit or what.

here you go aggie & woodshop, got some close-ups of the carriage in the making process for you. the bearings are from a motorcycle hub and skateboard wheel-bearings. if you were thinking of making anything along these lines stick with bigger bearings than the skateboard ones cos i find it hard with the sawdust as you constantly have to clean the rail as you are cutting

Thanks for clearing that up for us Ozdog. No time nor money to build a mill like that at the moment, but looks like you did a good job. Ever think of attaching small brushes in front of your carriage that help clear the sawdust off before the bearings have to run through it? I've seen that on some other carriages going down tracks.

here you go aggie & woodshop, got some close-ups of the carriage in the making process for you. the bearings are from a motorcycle hub and skateboard wheel-bearings. if you were thinking of making anything along these lines stick with bigger bearings than the skateboard ones cos i find it hard with the sawdust as you constantly have to clean the rail as you are cutting

Thanks! That clears it up.

I have been seriously considering something like this for some time. I have plenty of material and ideas, just lacking time. It's always good to see what other people have done to keep from reinventing the wheel.

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back