Honest opionions please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stmonnat

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
183befaa-5b04-e36e.jpg

It's a 576 at ended up a little tucked in and angled a tad bit more up then I desired just looking forward to sending her through 18 cord this weekend just don't want my babe to get burnt and agree I will get rid of the excess screen

If you want a girly saw I suggest you try something without a full orange dress #####

When I got the 288 deflectors with the firescreens, the screw holes in the screens were pre-cut, so it seemed that's how the screen was intended to line up with the deflector.

Did you do something to anchor those screws in? They will back themselves out and you'll lose the deflector/screen and probably not even know it. I've got a deflector sitting somewhere in the woods behind my house!

I bet they could be safety wired on like the racers need to do with critical fasteners on their race bikes.

When I got the 288 deflectors with the firescreens, the screw holes in the screens were pre-cut, so it seemed that's how the screen was intended to line up with the deflector.

Did you do something to anchor those screws in? They will back themselves out and you'll lose the deflector/screen and probably not even know it. I've got a deflector sitting somewhere in the woods behind my house!

I bet they could be safety wired on like the racers need to do with critical fasteners on their race bikes.

I've got a 288 deflector laying out in the woods somewhere as well. A member, Bent Valves ( I think), did a post of a muffler mod about three weeks ago and he used something called Rivnuts. I wonder if anyone else has tried them. They looked pretty slick.

I had one loosen up and a screw fall out not using lock washers and lock tite. I use the red stuff and put it on pretty good and i've not had one come off again. The xpw I have has had a muffler mod for 2 years like that.

Latest posts

Back