Honey Locust

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00juice

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got note in my mailbox from a local tree removal company that said they have a honey locust log. Is it worth trying to saw. I don't know how much he wants for it, but i figured i'd try to find something out about it before I give him a call.
Thanks

Ohhh yeah,
I just picked up an 084 on ebay saturday night. It should be here in about a week or so. Talked to the seller, and it sounds like its a good running machine. Hopefully its all good. I'm adding on to my collection of 038, 066 and a McColloch Pro-mac 55. Anything special I should know to look for upon the arrival inspection. I'm relatively new to owning/maintaining chainsaws. I've run them for a few summers while working for a tree removal company, but never was responsible for anything more than fueling/oiling and operating. Anything that is known to be a problem on the 084? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Brian

Ohhh yeah,
I just picked up an 084 on ebay saturday night. It should be here in about a week or so. Talked to the seller, and it sounds like its a good running machine. Hopefully its all good. I'm adding on to my collection of 038, 066 and a McColloch Pro-mac 55. Anything special I should know to look for upon the arrival inspection. I'm relatively new to owning/maintaining chainsaws. I've run them for a few summers while working for a tree removal company, but never was responsible for anything more than fueling/oiling and operating. Anything that is known to be a problem on the 084? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Brian

Me too, Mine should be here tomorrow night. Talked to the seller shortly after I bought it and he said that I would be very pleased with the saw.I think that he is even gonna join the bunch of us in here. As far as the locust goes I have never milled any but do cut a lot of it for firewood. Watch out for the thorns.:biggrinbounce2:

Seem the 084 is becomming a fad here. Good reason too. It's a milling beast!:chainsaw:

Just wait until you get the itch to have it ported... THEN you will have a MONSTER!!:rock:

Latest posts

Back