hot saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

00juice

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on souped up saws and milling. I know that milling is hard on a saw to begin with, is it too much to have the saw rebuilt for more power. Will it kill the life on the saw? Are there any mod's I can do to my 066 that will improve performance for milling without giving it a shorter life? Anything I can do that will improve its life.
Thanks

The 066 is fine for milling. If you want it to live for a long time you should make sure that it doesn't run lean.

when you talk about it running lean, do you mean by adding more oil to the mix, or changing a setting in the carb? I hope I don't sound dumb, but have never really done anything except as called for in a manual.

When I get my 084 back from WHS I'll be able to answer your question more accurately. Before I sent it off I opened the muffler up and installed a K&N air filter which helped. As t_anderson said, don't run it lean and, for God's sake, don't use cheap oil, EVER! Not even 1 tank!(damhikt)

00juice said:
when you talk about it running lean, do you mean by adding more oil to the mix, or changing a setting in the carb? I hope I don't sound dumb, but have never really done anything except as called for in a manual.

Carb setting on the high end. There's plenty of info on here on how to adjust your saw.

Back