hot spot

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guff

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
atlanta georgia..formerly from massena, new york
on my 066 i have a dual port muffler from B.C.........i did notice a small power gain when i put her on, then i took it back off and drilled two larger holes, one above the other in the baffle box directly behind the muffler cover..............i actually think i've lost a little power..............................i have a 2 inch circle of paint burning off the outside of my cover.i think i have created internal turbulence possibly, and i think i'm gonna take the angle grinder and take the baffle box out completely..........and if anybody has done this, let me know.....can i put my factory dual port cover on the muffler with the walker mod, of course giving me the extra opening in the cover plus my side ports...good bad?????i'll be gone this weekend ....so, i may not be back on til sunday......and what was Fish sayin about the pork industry?? guff

You probably leaned the saw out by modding the muff. That will cause VERY hot exhaust temps. Tune the carb again or you will burn her up

Easy big fella! I boycott no one, and strive to offend all!

I am, however, totally ignorant when it comes to talking about
modifying saws, I earn my living repairing equipment and
making them run like they were new, not better, so I defer to
the others in that arena. That is why I instigate trouble here,
otherwise I am totally useless. On the other forums I help
the novices fix their equipment, here, most everyone knows their
way around a saw, so my posting here is futile.
Kind of depressing.....
6:15 am Sun. morning. I am down to only 1 1/2 cases of cheap beer to last until Mon.
That's the problem down here in the bible belt! Good pork
products though......

Back