Hotblast (Caddy) Update with video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laynes69

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well we've had some cooler weather so I got to try out the new furnace. I must say its impressive with heat output and its clean burning capabilities. I've used 3 med splits to carry me through the night with coals in the morning in the mild weather we have been having. Wood consumption will be much less from what I have seen so far. When winter gets here I will keep an update on this furnace. Its operation is completely different and will take some getting use to. I have made a video to show the secondary combustion of the furnace. It was dampered down fully in the video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ND5ia8qA50&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3ND5ia8qA50&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Well we've had some cooler weather so I got to try out the new furnace. I must say its impressive with heat output and its clean burning capabilities. I've used 3 med splits to carry me through the night with coals in the morning in the mild weather we have been having. Wood consumption will be much less from what I have seen so far. When winter gets here I will keep an update on this furnace. Its operation is completely different and will take some getting use to. I have made a video to show the secondary combustion of the furnace. It was dampered down fully in the video. Here is a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ND5ia8qA50

Very Sweeeet got love it! Thats got some Horse Power:cheers:

amazing

That is impressive to see. What is causing that secondary burn? It's hard to see what's lighting it off, must be a catalyst? Neat to see the "extra" flames and know that you're getting the most from your wood.

I have had that same furnace for 2 seasons now and it is great. I had a older furnace before and this now one uses about a third less wood. Enjoy your new furnace.

It uses the same technology as a advanced secondary combustion woodstove. Preheated air enters above through the tubes that ignites the smoke, before it wraps the baffle and enters the secondary heat exchanger. I'm running the blower on high, and I can feel heat 6 feet from the registers. Just goes to show that not all furnaces are created equal.

pretty amazing stuff for such a small charge

Is this something that you installed in your furnace or something that you did yourself to modify yours? Is this a new wood furnce??? Let me know cause that is some major secondary burning there. Ive never had a burn like that

Is this something that you installed in your furnace or something that you did yourself to modify yours? Is this a new wood furnce??? Let me know cause that is some major secondary burning there. Ive never had a burn like that

bone stock

Thanks for that Laynes.

Less wood, more heat, and EPA credit......time to put thoughts into actions. That is just plain impressive.

The fire on the bottom, is what we have with the damper open all the way on our old technology woodfurnace.

A secondary burn offers so much more.

Last edited:
ive got the 1557 and just recently opened up the back plug, cant tell for sure yet if it will help it or not, Just only burned one night so far, How much did you pay for this new unit? Ive read few posts about opening up the back plug on my unit so thats what im going to do this winter, i had to buy some black pipe and run it outide of my filter box, I havent put anything on the end of my pipe but some silver duct tape, Did you keep it open all the time on you other stove?????Thought about doing the brink thing too what eve been reading up above on the ceiling part with alittle over hanging, to get the extra secondary burn.....

I lucked out with this unit. After the tax credit I will have 1500 total in install and purchase. I've seen them shipped for around 2600-2800 dollars. As you can see you do get what you pay for. Alot of people aren't sure about them because theres not a large amount of dealers in the us, but for the people who have them they are very happy. My plug was removed on my old furnace all the time. Bohawg1 yes its purely untouched. It's how the furnace operates, and its the reason its EPA Certified.

http://www.dynamitebuys.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=1131

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back