House flipping trademark?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWAMPY036

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Did anyone catch the flip this house sat. night. I think it is N.C. first thing they do is bring a company in to take down a bradfod pear in front yard. Did not get the name of the co. but they pull up start whacking away at this thing no PPE at all NONE. They had a bucket a big chipper and a skidsteer. After lower limbs were cut stands on skidsteer sets a rope cuts a notch and lands this 35' tall tree about two feet from the trademark guy and girl. Then the skidsteer is grabbing stuff with the grapple and the trademark dude is trying to free some stuff with the tip of the bar (kick back zone) at WFO.
WOW i am impressed:givebeer: :cheers:

it was palameno tree or something like that it was hard to see the name. they did the tree for 400 bucks.

I did not see the show but I have a friend that does some renovation contracting for the show "Home Heist". (Don't know if you get it in the U.S.) He tells me that the producers like to see unusual stuff. On tear outs he punches both fists through the drywall, stuff like that.

Machines tearing up lawn, whole trees dropping is interesting to the viewers. No PPE is wrong on any account. If these guys ever owned any PPE then they most likely did not want anything in the way of their 15 seconds of fame.:laugh:

Caught one of the Flip that house shows last night in Columbia SC, with the guy in the wheelchair.
Company took down around 4-5 really big pines for $2800. First shot is the guy in the top in his baseball hat topping one out and then the seller is saying how these are the best tree guys he's ever seen. In the same breath he says how the climber fell 40 ft. a couple years ago and still climbs. Next shot? Craning out a big section of trunk maybe 20" diameter 20 ft. long , the guy is yelling something in the tree as it pulls away from him and suddenly drops straight down?! Not sure if it was too heavy or what but it smashed up the deck and benches when it fell. Maybe that's why the total job was so cheap?

Each time I catch a piece of those shows, it seems as though the sellers, or flippers, or whatever they want to call themselves are REAL dirt bags... the type that would screw you in a second if it meant that they could make a buck.

i've done a couple of jobs for people who flip houses, and the only thing they really care about is how much it will cost. if you do a great job and 100% satisfaction, it doesn't matter unless your the lowest bid on the next job.

Caught one of the Flip that house shows last night in Columbia SC, with the guy in the wheelchair.
Company took down around 4-5 really big pines for $2800. First shot is the guy in the top in his baseball hat topping one out and then the seller is saying how these are the best tree guys he's ever seen. In the same breath he says how the climber fell 40 ft. a couple years ago and still climbs. Next shot? Craning out a big section of trunk maybe 20" diameter 20 ft. long , the guy is yelling something in the tree as it pulls away from him and suddenly drops straight down?! Not sure if it was too heavy or what but it smashed up the deck and benches when it fell. Maybe that's why the total job was so cheap?

Heh, I was just telling a guy today about that show last night.. That little red head dude was a (bucket jockey) for sure..no offense fellas.. On that saw log they liffted with the crane, obviously was not girth hitched properly. I could actually see the log slipping of the cable and BAM!! right on the man's deck..

Last edited:
I was wondering what happened, I was watching on a small tv and couldn't tell. Maybe put both ends of the cable on the hook instead of slipping one through the other? Wouldn't want that hanging over my head.

I'm personally suprised they showed the accident on T.V. What about the comment "Chad " made about the guy having broken his back before & how brave he was ! I've used them before & how good they are. More like how " CHEAP " they are . Gives us all a bad name/ just the opinion of an old guy !

Back