Houston , Texas.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Going to be heading out to Houston area in a few days. Any one else going out there to work.
Im taking a crew and equipment. My boss is from that area. I've never done storm work of this Magnitude before.
My wife said," you mean as everyone is heading out were hesding in?"
I hate to profit off peoples hardship, but it should be some interesting work.
Were taking 500 gals of water. A skidsteer, and lots of gas and oil.
Anyone knows what i should be expecting on arrival? We've gotting a lot of rain but nothen like them i guess. I don't have tv out here yet, but i keep reading on face book, pray for texas. Can't be good when Texas needs our prayers.

Going to be heading out to Houston area in a few days. Any one else going out there to work.
Im taking a crew and equipment. My boss is from that area. I've never done storm work of this Magnitude before.
My wife said," you mean as everyone is heading out were hesding in?"
I hate to profit off peoples hardship, but it should be some interesting work.
Were taking 500 gals of water. A skidsteer, and lots of gas and oil.
Anyone knows what i should be expecting on arrival? We've gotting a lot of rain but nothen like them i guess. I don't have tv out here yet, but i keep reading on face book, pray for texas. Can't be good when Texas needs our prayers.

What takes you there, volunteer work or for pay? I'd have to figure they have tree guys there, no?

Does not sound winning.?

I always wondered about companies that would go out of state.

They would have to be registered with the emergency service providers and have hotel accomadations or something.

Slayer used to kid about it. Its a death sentence, and there is little money for small timers. By small timers I mean companies not affiliated and just run off to foreign land.

Were still heading out there. Were only an hour from the texas. Our phone no. Is from Huston and i guess we do business in Texas. My boss is pretty shrewd and if he sends us we'll be working. He's consentrating on an area that has damage but not devastated, not Huston it's self.
Me i do what the boss tells me. But i enjoy interesting jobs. And this sounds interesting.

Were still heading out there. Were only an hour from the texas. Our phone no. Is from Huston and i guess we do business in Texas. My boss is pretty shrewd and if he sends us we'll be working. He's consentrating on an area that has damage but not devastated, not Huston it's self.
Me i do what the boss tells me. But i enjoy interesting jobs. And this sounds interesting.

Beast, face it, yer the last one to try to make us believe you do what the boss tells you.

So stop it right there.

Anyway:

Its good to here you have decent accommodations. I wish well of course and hope that motel got a Tempurpedic and plenty of WHORES!

YER GONNA NEED WHORES DAMMIT!

Seems the summer storms are a little late this year.

My sister is in Sarasota. I guess she is used to it. She hasn't called me to tell me she has to leave. Is this like a real bad storm?

Seems the summer storms are a little late this year.

My sister is in Sarasota. I guess she is used to it. She hasn't called me to tell me she has to leave. Is this like a real bad storm?

Nah, I grew up in Oak Hill, Florida, south of New Symrna Beach, 19 miles north of Cape Kennedy ,( back then it was Cape Canaveral), 60's and 70's,,
went thru lots of storms,,,but then again, this one is a biggie, maybe call her,,
Jeff

I got a connection in Houston, tree guy I met in SC after Mathew.
Just talked to him yesterday.. He says its been so flooded that he just got back to work yesterday and he's only doing his regular contract maintenance work. Not much tree damage.. SAave you time and evergy and head to Florida after Irma hits.. That whole state is going to be trumpled like the Jolly Green Giant was running everywhere..

Ive personally been down to Houston, Corpus Christi, and Rockport for volunteer work. I did not see a single down tree while in Houston. Corpus Christi and Rockport will have lots of tree work for a while though.

Back