how can i improve my husky 350!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinnykenny

Reaction score
Im a beginner who wants too modify without harming my saw. I want to know the correct way of going about this project. Any help would great.

Im a beginner who wants too modify without harming my saw. I want to know the correct way of going about this project. Any help would great.

What kind of mechanical aptitude do you have?

First place to start is to modd the muffler, make sure to richen up the H-needle if you do this.

I'm not sure what the muffler looks like on the 350, but on most saws, there is some HP to be had if you modify the muffler, I like to keep the spark arrester, but I always replace them with some stainless screen that I have that flows better, not sure if my saws are legal everywhere, but If some one looks, there is still a screen. if you can accurately measure your exhaust port, porting a muffler to 150% bigger than the exhaust port is about as big as you want to go.. I have tried going bigger, and lost power in the cut. Search for modded muffler, and you will see some good ideas. Actually there was a hole thread about modded muffler pics just a couple days ago. search for it. After you mod the muffler, make sure to re-tune the saw, for TOP performance use a tach, not by ear. then try timed cuts, with a helper using the tach, and a timer in the cut. my modded 064 should be set at 12,500 rpm no load, but in 30" wood, my fastest time is when tuned at 12,900 rpm no load, at 13,200, I loose speed in 30" wood. to lean builds to much heat, and actually looses HP in the cut. If this is a work saw, this is about as far as I would go unless you get help from an experienced port guy. I'll give ya One modded muffler advise, that I screwed up on once or twice. be very aware of which way you point it.. straight at the log sucks, I like down and to the left, away from the bar. good luck, have fun!:clap:

Welcome to the site. :cheers:

There really isn't a real big gain from porting the muffler on your saw. You might be better off just saving your pennies till you have enough for a new 372XP. It's always good to have a extra saws around anyway... :)

:agree2: , but I bet its more of a need to tweak thing, than I wish I had more power thing. I tweak everything, but If I really need more power, I go buy a bigger what ever.

Back