How cold is it today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forecasting a low 0f -2 F tonight in my neck of Mass and a high of 6 F for the high on Friday. Supposed to be some wicked wind chills as well. Winter is late but finally here. Now for some plowable snow.

Seems I'm not winning this contest either. But we had -12C (about 10F) this morning and it's supposed to get colder. I might still catch up...

Blis, where in Suomi are you? Way up?

We got snow last weekend, thought we wouldn't't get any this winter, but... At least it's pretty, this is the view from our living room (and from the front door and one on the house as well...):

attachment.php

Right now it's 25F.
It hasn't been above freezing for about 2 weeks here.
I 'm still not going to risk going out on the pond.

Wow 39 deg. Cloudy, Raining, windy from NW F low for 35 deg. tonight flashflood warnings in effect, Sabine River @ flood stage for next several days

Just popped into my mind that we need this thread ASAP, so i can brag about coldness (along with other scandinavians ) :hmm3grin2orange:

so, todays reading is mere -24c, how bout yours???

It was -25C when I got up this morning but has warmed up to -10 or so but dropping back now.On the other hand,we Canadian types don't pay attention to such things because we tend to be of hardier constitution- just business as usual and all that;) It did seem a mite nippy when I walked out to get in the truck to go to work this morning so I went back in and put a windbreaker on over my t-shirt:hmm3grin2orange:

-1c overnite and +8c today. Few more weeks and winter is over. We have had more snow this year than in the last 10. Thats about two dumps of twelve inches. It's melting fast in the valley floor.

20 degrees fahrenheit (subtract 32, multiply by 5, and divide by 9 for celsius)@ 10:10 pm est

5* F right, going down to -10 F tonight. Big wind chill advisory on for the north country tomorrow -25 to 30 F with our friends from Canada sending down some of their artic wind from the NW. Thanks friends.;) Will be crispy tomorrow for sure.

Here the weather is screwed up like many places. Winter had a warm begining. The last 3+- weeks have been somewhat normal. -18F was the coldest night with the next days high at -2F. I would say it has been fairly normal for this last 3-4 weeks.

But things are quite deceiving. Fools are driving pick-ups on the ice and falling through. Wardens are constantly warning about the lack of thick ice.

We have only about 8-10 inches of snow on the ground. I have a harvester working in a pine plantation. I remembered an old hand dug well that I did not want him to go over, so I went looking. I found it under a crust of snow ok. While I was looking for it with a dirt shovel I realized that I could dig into the soil at will. No real frost in the ground at all.

Picture shows a spot the harvester went through today. It doesn't look it but for about 30 feet he sunk in about 2 - 2 1/2 feet! In the end of January, in middle of Maine! Cannot trust the weather anymore. I had some woods roads that I didn't tractor over all summer because they were so wet. That was also a first.

adkranger
5* F right, going down to -10 F tonight. Big wind chill advisory on for the north country tomorrow -25 to 30 F with our friends from Canada sending down some of their artic wind from the NW.

Those canucks are so sharing with the artic blast. Where are they when we hit 90 in the shade in July? Then, and only then, they keep their cold air to themselves. Selfish, just selfish.:biggrinbounce2:

Seems I'm not winning this contest either. But we had -12C (about 10F) this morning and it's supposed to get colder. I might still catch up...

Blis, where in Suomi are you? Way up?

About 100 km below artic circle, or ~130km from haparanda... Near oulu...

adkranger

Those canucks are so sharing with the artic blast. Where are they when we hit 90 in the shade in July? Then, and only then, they keep their cold air to themselves. Selfish, just selfish.:biggrinbounce2:

About time. Had too much rain sent to us from the south over the last few months! I've got water laying in places I've never seen water before, been here since '93! Around here the bad storms come from the south, west, and northwest (ohio and michigan) across the lakes.

BTW, when you get that 90 degree weather, we get it too. (I'm an hour from Detroit)

Haven't had enough snow here to plow any yet, usually have 60 hours overtime banked by christmas, finally got a little over the weekend, just enough to get the salt trucks out. Supposed to get cold this weekend finally, radio says it's -8c this morning, ground has finally froze up since the weekend, might be able get to the bush this weekend!

Well, it stop raining and has been colder for some days, around minus 2 C and down to minus 9 C at night, and we got some snow.
attachment.php

Latest posts

Back