How cold is your house in the morning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We live in an old farm house out on the east coast. Threw a piece of Ash and a piece of Apple on about midnight, turned stove down to half and the temp was 72. This morning at 8 AM outside temp was 8F and inside temp was 66. Very pleased with this set up. Haven't had the furnace on since stove was installed end of Oct.

We've got a century-old victorian with no insulation and the original windows. Gets pretty stinkin' chilly by morning! We have a wood stove, and two years ago finances were pretty tight, so that was our only heat. We closed off some of the rooms (pocket doors) and the coldest they got was about 35 degrees, but when the stove is blazing away, the living room/dining room stay comfortable. The upstairs bedrooms are still cold, though and we had to bundle up and bury ourselves in the blankets each night. Now we suppliment with the boiler, but we still keep the stove going all day long.

At 25 degrees outside and the wind howling, my house is 82 degrees. Any less and the wife complains. I love the OWB! Third year for it.

Chap

I have a All Nighter Mid Moe. Last week we had single digits. Stove is in the basement with no registers. Old stone foundations tend to lead to stinky basements so I don't want basement smell upstairs. Anyhow, load the stove before I leave for work at 10:30 and have good coals and 66-67 in the morning.

How cold is your house in the morning? At roughly 25F (-5C) nightime temp (give or take), mine is around the 66F (18 or 19C) come morning, with moderately running the stove. What do others find?

72 deg,same as when i went to bed.Unless sum dumbass forgot to load the owb.

72 deg,same as when i went to bed.Unless sum dumbass forgot to load the owb.

He He, and who would that be?

We keep our stat at 71 at night and during the day if not home, if home 72-73 during the day. This is obtained very easily with my Hardy H2 OWB.

He He, and who would that be?

We keep our stat at 71 at night and during the day if not home, if home 72-73 during the day. This is obtained very easily with my Hardy H2 OWB.
Same here with the hardy but mine has a leak in the lines someplace and i sure do dread diggin em up.Its been in use for over 20 years tho.Have to add about 2 gallons a week when the heats on but not in the summer mos heating water only.

Keep stat at 68-69, fill Heatmaster5000 up at 7:00 to 8:00pm wake up 5-6 am with 150-165 water temps and still have around half a load that was with outside temps in teens.

9pm the stove gets loaded up, house is around 74 on the first floor. Temp on the stove is usually between 5-600* when I go to sleep. At 6pm when I wake up the house temp is at 66-68 and the stove is down to 300*. This when the outside temp is around 20. Using the longwood, I can go to bed with the house around 70 or a little less at 9pm and have it set to come on and start a fire at 60 which ends up to be around 6 in the morning.

How cold is your house in the morning? At roughly 25F (-5C) nightime temp (give or take), mine is around the 66F (18 or 19C) come morning, with moderately running the stove. What do others find?

If I have both stoves going, my house will remain in the 70's all night, even if it gets near 0degF outside.

Latest posts

Back