how color loyal are you

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.E. Metal Werx

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
alright guys im in the market for a top handle saw. im looking at a husk 338xpt and a johny 2139t. i can get the johny for 100 bucks less but i am a husky fan. i do know they are the exact same saw but still.. whats ur thoughts?

You got to be kidding. Steve

Steve he's probably better off with the orange one, the red one could look a bit too similar to an echo... meaning the extra $100 would be money well spent...:D

alright guys im in the market for a top handle saw. im looking at a husk 338xpt and a johny 2139t. i can get the johny for 100 bucks less but i am a husky fan. i do know they are the exact same saw but still.. whats ur thoughts?

I think if it's that important to you, buy the Johnny and a 5.00 can of paint!!!

You was just joshin' weren't ya???? Really

Seriously?

For $100 you could get a hooker to paint herself orange and make a sound like a 4-stroking top handle for at least an hour...(not a pretty hooker, but still...)

Seriously?

i Love Husky saws.

they are my favorite.

unfortunately,their top handles suck.

the Stihl MS 200t is the finest top handle saw made bar none!

i have the MS 192 as well and it is a better saw than the Husky top handles.

painting a turd red ain't gonna fix it.

oh boy. going to feel bad walking in to a stihl deeler.. going to have to throw some $$ around first just so i can get some service! not looking fwr to this

lets just say this. i know that they do have good saws, not a problem there. But any dealer near me. i would be better off just going to lowes and geting a saw from there i would have better support from them. yes im sure i will never have a prob with the saw but. i dont want to support them if they wont support me. not saying all stihl dealer are like this. just the ones near me. sucks but thats how it is.

they are my favorite.

unfortunately,their top handles suck.

the Stihl MS 200t is the finest top handle saw made bar none!

i have the MS 192 as well and it is a better saw than the Husky top handles.

painting a turd red ain't gonna fix it.

fishc, what is it that makes these TH huskys suck? Also the 192T isn't a pro-grade saw, no comparison to an XPT at all

I would buy the 2139t and put that extra $100.00 in my pocket. But on the other side of the coin I would still buy the 2139t if they were the same price. the red and black saws just trip my trigger I guess. Good luck on what ever you end up with. Rick! :popcorn:

I have to say I like the red better also. Hey I'm a noob but I always buy the best I can afford brands mean nothing. I often buy used because I would rather have a used quality item over a new pos. Just my 2$.

Good luck with whatever saw you buy.

Mike

they have no power!

fishc, what is it that makes these TH huskys suck? Also the 192T isn't a pro-grade saw, no comparison to an XPT at all

maybe with some mods here and there but i don't have time for that.the balance also isn't there.the air filtration is a joke.intake is a weak and poor design.i tried three of them and gave up in disgust.Stihl top handles for me until Husky gets the head out of their a$$ in the tophandle dept.

why is the 192 not a pro grade saw?i have no trouble with mine at all.it's a great saw.is it a 200 no.if you wait for it to wake up,it's not that far behind.most guys just can't wait for that so they go get the 200.if you own both,it's worth the wait.last 6 trees i took down,i used the 192 on the first five.i used the 200 on the last one because i bent the stupid e lite bar on the 192.i even chunked out the stalks.runs great.

Last edited:
for the price and peace of mind i think im going to go with the jred. im no pro climber so for the price and the amount of climbing i do the red will fit the bill just fine.

The 192 is nothing more than an occasional use homeowner saw with a top handle. That top handle is the only thing that gets it the pro designation. If you're an arborist looking for a work horse, it sure wouldn't be on my short list. There's a reason why the 200T is king. I haven't messed with any Husky top handles, so I can't comment there.

Back