How come never see an ma880

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one....Love it. And I use it....

IMG_2043_zpskm5d1nji.jpg

Way too much saw for 99% of chainsaw users...

I have to agree, it is waay overkill for my needs and most of the tree guys I know.. mind you a fellow north of me that runs a ice fishing outfit needs something to cut through the thick ice. so for 1000.00 its his. No doubt he will want to sell it back to me after the winter or lack of winter season.

I have to agree, it is waay overkill for my needs and most of the tree guys I know.. mind you a fellow north of me that runs a ice fishing outfit needs something to cut through the thick ice. so for 1000.00 its his. No doubt he will want to sell it back to me after the winter or lack of winter season.

I wonder how much bar is needed on average?

I guess what's the average thickness of ice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got one....Love it. And I use it....

IMG_2043_zpskm5d1nji.jpg

Nice Set Up.

Consider sending it to a reputable Porter.

I know one in particular: he does them in batches.

That'd be nice.

Stihls Rescue "D" handle at $5 is your friend........just sayin.
I agree ,it might not look "stock" but I have a 2101xp with no decomp and I believe a 280 husky the same way no decomp .i went on the net and bought a couple of ski machine pull handles. It makes a world of difference in starting them.

I agree ,it might not look "stock" but I have a 2101xp with no decomp and I believe a 280 husky the same way no decomp .i went on the net and bought a couple of ski machine pull handles. It makes a world of difference in starting them.
Dam. Been away from the Adirondacks too long.
Forgot sleds.
Perfect and STOUT.

I wonder how much bar is needed on average?

I guess what's the average thickness of ice?

This I do not know. he did say 4 -6 feet of ice is common in that area. The farmers almanac state this will be a cold and brutal winter so I suppose he is banking on it to be so.

Back