How did you come up with your user name?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's an homage to one of my other hobbies and to the woman I share it with (she doesn't like to run saws, for some odd reason):

We ride bikes, especially a tandem. We have a high-end model made in the Netherlands called a Koga Miyata. (Kind of like the Stihl of touring bikes). A tandem is for two people -->> Kogafortwo.

She is the hot one on the right. I am the geek on the left.

I build acoustic guitars just for fun. Adirondack is one of the better top woods for a guitar. It was used on all the older Martins.

A few years back I had a little business selling knives. Called it Cuttinstuff Cutlery. Was going to change it but can't figure out how.

Started getting called "Mikey" years ago, after the Life cereal TV ads came out (Give it to Mikey, he eats anything!)...I live in Mt. Falls...do the math.

I used to always fall asleep at the university. So my freinds started calling me 'siebenschlaefer'(Glis glis). A night active little mouse like animal.
480.jpg

Crap!

Mines pretty simple first name + first two initials of my last name. I shoulda been more creative. Besides there ain't too many Freds out there to begin with.:)

Adirondack Park where I own a 12 acre woodlot. I came to AS looking for info on wood and sawmills to educate myself to how to best handle all the trees I recently acquired.

Kinda wierd, but one night I was fishing and drinking with one of my buddies and someone let on rip. He said that he thought it smelled like stinkbait. No one ever calls me that, but every time I think about it, it makes me laugh. The things you will laugh at and remember when you're drinking.:cheers:

Mine is chess vernacular b/c I like to use knights on the chess board early and often. They don't move in straight lines like the other pieces so they can sometimes be interpreted as making wild moves.

just about everyone i know calls me murph. i just added my first initial. i was easier than actually having to come up with something catchy. i started using it in the relative infancy of the internet, in about 1997.....think where were have come since then.

I am always going through clutches....cars, trucks, so far the one in the quad has held up!

It was started by a buddy of mine when I was kind of the Arctic Cat clutch guy for out little group....and someone had already taken it on the site so I added the "25".

taplinhill, that's where I live, up on Taplin Hill.
It's not very original, but when ebay forced me to get a user name (as opposed to using your email address), it was the first thing i could think of.

Back