How do I get this spring in?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because someone on Ebay says it will fit doesn't necessarily mean that it will!

That "hook" should go around a round pin in the plastic housing. Also the distance that he hook sticks out from the metal cover is critical to getting it to go back in assuming that it was supposed to fit.

BTW, what happened to the original spring? It should have been reusable.
It snapped when I was trying to rewind it.

You have the model on the right with a loose wound spring, no retainer…same as mine. What you were sent is a spring that will most likely work but is not exactly for your model 015. You’ll need to remove the spring from the retainer and free-hand wind it into the case. Should be nothing you need to cut with a dremel
find some YouTube clips on how to rewind a saw spring. This one will be a lot harder due to the depth of the case.

You have the model on the right with a loose wound spring, no retainer…same as mine. What you were sent is a spring that will most likely work but is not exactly for your model 015. You’ll need to remove the spring from the retainer and free-hand wind it into the case. Should be nothing you need to cut with a dremel
find some YouTube clips on how to rewind a saw spring. This one will be a lot harder due to the depth of the case.
Sisu!

20231231_214116.jpg20231231_220122.jpg

The spring goes in minus the tin holder. Pain in the buttocks.
My method, needle nose vise grips. Wind it as tight as you can, the a bit tighter. Clamp it with the vise grips. Insert the hooked end in the case and then the rest.
Some of the springs come with a wire or plastic ring that holds the spring for install. That is the spring you want. No cover.
A plastic tie strap (zip tie) for wires may make a holder also.

Back