How do I replace this bar stud on the 015?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesReed

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
My 015 sprocket cover did not fit correctly when I screwed on the nut. Took the cover back off and noticed the bar stud was somewhat crooked thus causing the sprocker cover not to align correctly when the nut is tightened. When I took the inside plate off to unscrew the bar stud it was screwed into the metal of the saw body itself with a thick wire that was wrapped around the threads. To remove the bar stud, I had to pull and unwrap the thick wiring as I unscrewed the bar stud. The hole that the wired barstud was screwed into has very faint threads. The hole actually goes all the way back into the oil tank. In fact if I turn the saw up oil comes pourling out. I sure had "no idea" that was the way the stud was helt in the metal hole. Needless to say after tearing the thick wire up to get the bar stud out the hole, the hole is now much bigger than the bar stud. Was this the normal way this saw was manufactured... do you know if there is a fixable solution? Needless to say I believe I am in worse shape now than I was before I unscrewed the bar stud. Open to any advice you may have.

No need to start another thread on the same topic, I replied to your original thread, you should ask to have this one deleted.

Latest posts

Back