How do you get the blade out of a 16" chipper?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citychipping

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do you get the blade out of a 16" chipper? :msp_confused: We have a FMC (sweeper division) 16" drum chipper with a Chrysler 318 V8 motor. Company was sold years ago. Also need to find a Service/Repair/Owners manual.

I don't think I have ever changed the blades on a Wayne but if you post a couple pics of the drum I'm sure I can tell you how to do it.

Neighbour used to own a Wayne, and the knives had serrated backs, just like the 12" knives on my old Woodchuck. The are prolly gonna be 4 or 6 gib bolts with lock nuts securing each blade, and if those blades haven't been changed / adjusted in a couple of years, you may end up with a consuming hatred towards your new flagship.

If they are serrated blades with gib bolts, and I believe they are, and the bolts don't want to move then what you need to do is cut them out with a saws-all or grinder. Be sure to find the replacements for the bolts first.

Latest posts

Back