how do you guys handle dead trees

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rftreeman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A customer called me yesterday about a dead tree near her house, when I get over there too look at it she told me the tree has been dead for 3 years and I could tell that it has, it's a red oak, there is a large penn oak right behind it too climb because I can't get a bucket to it. my question is, being that she has waited so long too call and the tree is so brittle and when rigging it I fill that some stuff could break out and maybe damage her house or deck what would you guys do, would you tell her that because she has waited so long and the tree is so brittle that you can not be responsible for damage that may happen or would you just turn the job down?

There will be debris no matter how you take it down on the house. I would definitly inform them on the condition of the tree and what they can expect. Any thing that you think will brake use a balancer sling or 2 to minimize shock to the branch. You can also use a few marlins too spread out to to hopefully catch anything that breaks.

Is the tree actually hanging over the house? If not, you should be able to take it down without damaging the house, it would just be a slow and careful process. I will never tell a home-owner I cannot be responsible for damage. Even if they agree, do you want everyone to know you are the guy who put a limb through the roof? If you are not confident that it can be removed without damaging the house I would turn down the job.

You could always try to rig everything over to the pin oak us ease it over using a lowering line, lowering device and a tag line.

Latest posts

Back