How do you KNOW when its spring?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When all the tools come flying of the shelves into a mountain of a mess, after hitting the giant frost heave that wasn't there the day before.

It was here till the foot of snow last week and then 20's!

so the mud must be hardened up there too :msp_wink:

ok i wont tell you about the sunshine ,low 50's birds even chirping here and i need to mow the lawn again ,yes iv'e been mowing all ready ,nice weather for milling too ,muh ears are still ringing from yesterday ,think Randy broked the insides of my mufflers out or something

so the mud must be hardened up there too :msp_wink:

ok i wont tell you about the sunshine ,low 50's birds even chirping here and i need to mow the lawn again ,yes iv'e been mowing all ready ,nice weather for milling too ,muh ears are still ringing from yesterday ,think Randy broked the insides of my mufflers out or something

Ah...blow it out yer pie hole! :D

I know the calender says its spring but it sure doesn't feel like it. What do you use as a sign that spring is really here? I thought it might be interesting to see what others think. Myself,its when I hear my first red winged blackbird. When I hear that song... I KNOW spring is here!

When the pecan trees bud out....

Bob...:cheers:

When it finally stops dipping into the forties! :laugh:

lol
Finally dipped "up" into the 40's today! Still 20's at night. Perfect sappin weather, but not much good for driving. Had 12" snow fall a week ago. Now we're in mud season. Starting to see the yard again. Gotta love Maine!

It is spring at my house when I can throw all of my driveway rock in my yard back to my driveway and know it will stay there until next winter.

When the Spring Peepers start peeping! They will start on the first few warm days then the weather will cool off a bit but in a week or so after that they will start again and keep peeping then it is really here. Works every time pay attention I been observing this for years.

Soon enough the 3' of snow in my yard will melt and these guys will peep away in the old millpond to harbinger in the spring.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UwVEI5M-948" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Soon as I trade in my ice fishin bucket for a boat. Close to 2' of ice still on the local lakes. Gonna send my auger off for porting if it don't melt soon.

The other sign - literally, is the spring weight restriction signs that should be going up any day now.

Back