how does fan speed affect operation?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiting-5

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
have a clayton 1800 series simlar to 1600 has 3 fan settings on it 1100 1200 and 1400 cfm i run mine on high,is this right might seem like a dumb question but why would you run at slower speed? if its ducted wouldnt you want as much air as possiabe?

have a clayton 1800 series simlar to 1600 has 3 fan settings on it 1100 1200 and 1400 cfm i run mine on high,is this right might seem like a dumb question but why would you run at slower speed? if its ducted wouldnt you want as much air as possiabe?

HI speed may not pick up as much heat as MED or LOW, thereby dropping the efficiency of the unit.

running it on MED or LOW will deliver more heat.

With mine in series, I used to have mine on high. I found that the blower on low was my best bet. Its a lower speed, but I couldn't tell the difference. I got more heat from the furnace that way. Just like a standard furnace, low or med low and high for cool. I would try it on low. I think you will like the difference.

Back