How hot should hydraulic fluid get in a splitter?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The I beam is 8 1/2'' at the back. Then the working part of the beam has some plates welded on for the wedge to slide through and that part is 11 1/2''
The bottom of the wedge is 11 1/2 '' long and 8 1/2'' wide and the thickness of the wedge plate is 3/4''
I hope that helps I took a few pics for you.

The bottom plate that slides on the beam is 11 1/2'' long by 8 1/2 wide by 3/4'' thick.View attachment 1024755View attachment 1024756View attachment 1024757View attachment 1024758View attachment 1024759
My dad and I are saving up for the TSC 40t. All the information you shared on yours made it an easy decision. The 25t we have is nice but that 40t is on another level. Just sucks that both splitters are 1000$ more each than a year ago:rare2:

My dad and I are saving up for the TSC 40t. All the information you shared on yours made it an easy decision. The 25t we have is nice but that 40t is on another level. Just sucks that both splitters are 1000$ more each than a year ago:rare2:
I saw how much they went up and I'm glad I bought the second one when I did. I paid right at 1,900 for mine and that was the most expensive one they had at the time. The only thing I can recomend is to change out the hydraulic tank vent cap to a water proof vent cap. Also when you store it away always retract the ram so it doesn't rust. I run mine just above idle and thats plenty fast enough for my splitting needs. You will be glad you got the 40t, it's a great splitter. It's solid and dependable.
I was at TS the other day and they were asking $1,599 for the 30t. The 30t is nice but you will love the taller wedge on the 40t.

Are the Tractor Supply brands still made by Speeco? They're good units for the money. My Huskee brand is 12-14 years old now, no problems aside from routine maintenance. Split 10-12 cords per year.

Are the Tractor Supply brands still made by Speeco? They're good units for the money. My Huskee brand is 12-14 years old now, no problems aside from routine maintenance. Split 10-12 cords per year.
I think all TS splitters are imported. Not sure from where though. There site just says imported.

I saw how much they went up and I'm glad I bought the second one when I did. I paid right at 1,900 for mine and that was the most expensive one they had at the time. The only thing I can recomend is to change out the hydraulic tank vent cap to a water proof vent cap. Also when you store it away always retract the ram so it doesn't rust. I run mine just above idle and thats plenty fast enough for my splitting needs. You will be glad you got the 40t, it's a great splitter. It's solid and dependable.
I was at TS the other day and they were asking $1,599 for the 30t. The 30t is nice but you will love the taller wedge on the 40t.
Ram storage. Mine will drift down if left in vertical.

Let us know when you get the 40t and let us know how ya like it. It would be interesting to hear from someone else what they think.

Back