How is the war in Ukraine is affecting the Tree Care industry?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MariHer75

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
It has been over 2 months now that War in Ukraine started and we have seen an increase in gas prices. Will that have a huge impact on the Tree Care industry?

If diesel stays around $5 gal like it is here right now it won't make a huge difference. If it goes to 7 or 8 I'll definitely have to go up more on prices. I am already planning out estimate days a little better. Our parts and food will go up so that will have to be passed down to an extent.

It has been over 2 months now that War in Ukraine started and we have seen an increase in gas prices. Will that have a huge impact on the Tree Care industry?
Everything affects everything, inflation the high cost of living, we now have the highest rate of inflation seen in decades,this will slow everything down but repo men ! No one will be able to spend money like they were. We are in for a **** storm!

ANY distraction causes decline in almost any business.
Elections, war, storms elsewhere in the country,, riots,, anything that is a distraction.
Sometimes, there will be a rebound to cause a recovery of lost business,, sometimes not.

The biggest factor around my area is trying to get parts, wether it's for logs trucks or chainsaws, everything is not in stock and sometimes backordered for months. Heck, it took me a week of searching to locate 3 gallons of 15/40 diesel engine oil of any brand and another 3 days to find an oil filter for my Cummins powered Dodge!

It would affect work significantly by increasing gas prices and the prices of a few other essentials.
Not to mention the already increasing inflation and the cost of living up and taxes will keep going up and people will have less disposable income. The War only has a small effect on gas prices here.

Just talked to my local Stihl dealer. He had no 400's or 500's on display and I asked him why not. He said,
"the wire harnesses were being made and assembled in Ukraine" hence another reason for the shortage of equipment. He recommended that if you want one to put your name on a list for them to come in. There are still plenty in ports or at sea, but for how long. In the meantime, Stihl is scrambling to find other means of manufacturing the parts.

Back