How Is This For Husky???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
I was calling around to get pricing on the new 575 only to find one dealer is charging $750 with an 18" bar!

The other dealer I called said that Husky pulled their dealership after 18 years in the biz. Husky told this dealer that Lowes was going to be a full source dealership. They will carry some of the XP saw line. Is there any truth to this?

Don't know about the Lowe's angle on things, but my Husky dealer is charging $750 for the 575. Not my price of course. Thought that was kind of steep but Husky's price for the 372 is up to $699.

Lowes?

Well, as been discussed before, where's the service angle coming from? We're supposed to be getting a Lowes in our area, maybe by the end of the year. It will be interesting to see what they offer compaired to the local hardware stores, sawshops and Wally World, both in products and prices. But still wonder about the quality and service they'll offer on certain products (Saws). The Husqvarna dealers are required to supply warrenty work on store bought saws, but feel that it may lead to problems and why wouldn't it? On a store bought saw being taken in for followup service, to me, would be a slap in the face to a regular dealer who has to try and make a living and maintain his overhead and deal with the pressure put on him by his supplier to sell their complete line. A person better be able to do their own work on the equipment they buy at discount prices. Course the size and quality of the saws may be that of the throw a way type of casual user home owner type stuff. Who know's. But it will be interesting to see what will be there. Guess it's good to try and expand your market, but feel that, like some of the saw companies that have gone under, no longer exist, that corperate greed and mismanagement will lead to an unpleasant demise of more companies, especially if the quality of their products appear to be inferior. Take care. Lewis.

Oh no, my little secrect is out. LOL I knew I wouldn't be able to keep under wraps. Gonna be interesting on this one, I think.

Larry

we got a Lowes this last year and so far, no problem yet with Bomgaars ( the local farm stores) we have alot of smaller dealers around with stihl and found a Jonsered dealer today, after I just bought a Husky 353. That is one of the reasons I am trying to teach myself how to fix my own saws, especially since I have alomost got a Homey 330 done and have to build a new throttle cable for my Homey 360. Should be able to re-build my Pullin on it Pro and fix it! But Like the older saws they were built heavy to last and heavy to HOLD! Especially my John Deere! I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens around here!

Those are the only guys I buy 372's from. I have bought three. Got them all for only $494.00 shipped to my door. The owners name is Bill. Great place to do business.

I question that about Lowes, the losing out due to them at least. We have Lowes all over the place here, and there are several Husqvarna dealers within 30 min. of me.

I would guess it is something else. Besides, I would bet that Lowe's isn't gonna keep a tech onhand. As for "discount" stores; Lowes sells the Huskys at full retail. I wonder if Husqvarna makes them do that. Same with Northern Tool. Northern even has the balls to price the 359 at a "discount" price of $479. OK, I'll take three!

Any dealer worth his salt will give better pricing if it means getting people to shop there, even if it is a small discount or a discount case, or something. Besides, Lowes doesn't carry much else from Husky, and their line is pretty minimal.

Home Depot works on a 30% mark-up. If they can't make 30% on an item then they WON'T sell it (this is for everyday items, floor models and returns are a different story) Ariens controls the price to Home Depot so the servicing dealer doesn't get clobbered by H/D on price ( I got this straight from the horses mouth). I suspect E-lux does the same thing so H/D HAS to sell at list to make their 30%.

Husky is not in the mass retailers here yet, and that is the operative word. Probably only a matter of time. We have had some issues with H-D regarding Echo and Toro but they are forced by the manufacturer to play fair for the most part. We have found once customers get a taste of service they will come to us first although some don't learn. We won't refuse the box store service work, keeps our wheels turning.

see there .. somebody lookin after me.. just had dan straiten mine out..
one thing u can count on.. if its a good saw .. they wil change it or discontinue it.. an that aint just husky.. one thing tho ive noticed the 962
olympic ,has gone thru multiple names, an labels.. still the same saw..
except i think an decompression is added...wonder if stihl has started the process of discontinueing there 026-260..shouldnt be long.. just dont make sense to me.. they got all the stuff in place to make an saw like the 372..
then just quit..
epa ,you say ,something about that dont ring true.if i ran mine at 50-1..
i aint believing its a dirty saw,by any standard..jmo

Latest posts

Back