How long does it take to sand those plastic covers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any of you guys tried PC Racing Plastic Renew? stuff works really good on dirt bike plastic

I have to try this tire gel stuff after some sanding!
I tried some gel without sanding and wasn't impressed (and whatever this stuff was, my wife bought had sparkles in it :dizzy:).

the only stuff I have had sucess with is the "endurance" by megueirs. It works like no other on sun faded parts. As for grimey, dirty, stained, sanded and overly abused parts who knows. On a sun faded top, which is the killer of a Stihl that has spent any time in the sun, it is by far a better method than sanding and clearcoating. As I said once before, it will "soak" into the plastic and the sun fade will be "No More".

thATS SOME "GOOD WORK"

Thanks, pony man. Maybe the cosmetics are not up quite to Snelling standards, but it worked out great in my book for a quick fixer-upper with virtually zero sanding, mostly only clean-up and touch-up work. I got lucky with this 044; underneath the grime and crud was a quality saw with 175 psi and like-new piston.

Olyeller

I paint on the side, and have never talked to a painter that had much good to say about a rattle can clear. BUT, if you guys are having good luck with it-I will have to check it out.
With that said, I am leery of painting plastic parts, unless I have to. I have done it, but only using a GOOD adhesion promoter to start with. I recommend Bulldog.. it isn't cheap, but is cheap enough for the sense of security.

For you guys that are sanding and buffing, I have seen lots of good results, and most guys do this in situations that they cannot or dont want to paint on (mostly plastic gas tanks on bikes, atc's). With that said, I dont know if the plastic is similar to what is used on our saws. If you go to the forum on
3wheelerworld.com, there are a couple good threads on "Gas tank restoration," it may help some of you out.

Sanding 044 plastics

Hey all! Just joined the site.Been lurking for a while.I just finished sanding my plastics from my 044.I don`t have any mcguires products.Still up in the air about what to use.The plastics seem very dull right now.Will paint make them look wet?If I do paint them, should I put my magnum sticker on before or after?Also how many coats of clearcoat?Does the 044 plate just pop out or is it a rivet.Thanks, fatjoe

Latest posts

Back