How many 029 supers?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJordan

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was given a 029 super the other day, this thing has been setting up for several years. I got it home poured out the gas put some fresh gas in sloshed it around poured it out then put some more fresh gas in. I pulled several times and nothing. put a little gas in the carb, pulled it a few times and it cranked up. Well I had to do this about three times before it would keep running. This thing is running pretty good to have set up for several years and not been messed with. One of the problems is after holding it at WOT for a few seconds itll start spitting gas out of where the vent tube is supposed to be on top of the gas tank. I was talking back and forth to Fish on here the other night and he sent me pics of two of his 029s, one of them the vent tube looked like it came out of the tank and went up about an inch and tied back into something couldnt quite tell. The other one the vent tube ran over the carb and tied in on the right hand side of the saw where you adjust the jets. Well Ive looked mine over pretty good and it dosnt seem to go either way. I was wondering if anyone could maybe tell or show me where else it might go? I havent ever worked on power saws, and Im not a mechanic, but Im not dumb when it comes to working on things. It may take me a little bit to figure things out beings that Im not familiar with this saw. I seen a manual online but I dont think it was for this saw. Sorry to get a little long winded, but if anyone could help educate me on this saw things to check, etc it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time and help.

I have a 29s and the little hose has 2 little screws in it, goes on a little barb on the tank then the other end just sticks in a hole just above the barb so it vent outside the housing. I'll get a pic of it today.

Latest posts

Back