How many "hoops" do you jump through for city work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My town is ridiculous they have one guy they like yet they need to have 3 bids to award it. Oddly two out of three time I bid and both times mine was high by $50. Then on third job I get it because he thought crane and I didn't bother. Then you went bare banes pricing and something stupid happens like you get charged $100 for disposal and in the end it seemed like I earned nothing except time out of the house.

TreeDivision said:
My town is ridiculous they have one guy they like yet they need to have 3 bids to award it. Oddly two out of three time I bid and both times mine was high by $50. Then on third job I get it because he thought crane and I didn't bother. Then you went bare banes pricing and something stupid happens like you get charged $100 for disposal and in the end it seemed like I earned nothing except time out of the house.
Sounds like your competitor is given access to your bid before submitting his bid. Hence his being able to beat you by $50 on the first two bids. He obviously thought you were too cheap on the third bid and he wasn't willing to match it. Sounds like you're being used.

boy that sounds familiar. But here it is $20 dollars. Even when I low balled them to force them to hire me. $20. I guess even when you work for the crooks (when I was a cop) they don't hire ya. I have found in working with the cities around here that the street supers. have the run of most things. If they don't want ya you won't get in. SO go to their boss or the City Council and request written bids to be opened not by the super but by the council it is in public record that way and sealed up to that point. If you can get them to do it. Small town you will problably get away with it.

Latest posts

Back