How many of you...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Paws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
...have more than one of your favorite saws?

What model?

How many do you own in running condition?

I have 6 runners, and not more than one of my favorites.

Stihl 064 AV
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026 Pro
Dolmar 7900
Poulan 3000
Remington SL-9

I really want an MS460 and an MS660, but I have what I need.

This may sound a lil korny but the three saws i have are kinda like my kids i love them equally and they have there own charatestics .

The least favorite saw i have ever owned was a poulan pro that had a 20" bar and was only 40 some cc cant remember the model # but what a pos that one went up for adoption .

Stihl ms 260 Pro w/24" bar and full skip chain and 3/4 wrap and pro dawgs all purpose saw and it make people take a second look:clap:
jd cs 81
jd cs 61
stihl 031 classic runs great (play toy)
2 jd cs 40s climbin saw and utility sawz

Everything in my signature list is in perfect condition except for the 357 which is getting a new P/C.

My twins

For some reason I seem to have two of each of the saws I use the most, or ones that I just like the best. I have two Jonsered 621's as that was the first new saw I ever bought and found it to be a great saw. I have a 910 and 930 Jonsered (almost the same thing) as a good medium sized saw for running 20-24" bars.

My current favorites to own, not necessarily to run since I don't find a lot of wood big enough to require them are the McCulloch SP125C's. See my twins below...

Mark

attachment.php

Gosh, you guys are such great enablers...... I don't feel like such an idiot for having 15 saws. 13 of them run, ten of them run well. I am in the process of sorting through some of the problems a bit at a time. I have about three bars or more for each saw, all Stihl bars except for one Windsor Speed tip. All 15 saws are Stihls.
Duplicates:

MS200: two
026: five, one is a dedicated hedge trimmer
044, 460: (kind of a duplication)
084 monsterbeast: two
Also an 009, MS192T, 029 Super, 036 Pro

More bars and chains than I can count................

Thank you all for understanding.

My copy of Chainsaws: A History arrived today, fascinating book, great pictures.

046BB
460 project
056 MAG II
066 project
660 project

all the saws except for the 066 run...but the 460 project needs cranks seals, and the 660 project is getting a complete overhaul with a different crankcase

and im looking at building an older 066 w/metal flywheel..my favorite saw to own is my 056 MAG II...i just like the way it looks and runs...my favorite saw to run is my 660-although my 066 was after i ported it-before it went BOOM!! lol. An then i have Ole Faithful (046BB-that just won't quit)

Last edited:
And you...??? :)

Kevin

If I had to take one saw to the woods for the rest of my days it would be a 695 Shindaiwa. Light, powerful, wrap handle and big spikes - capable of running a 28" bar. I own 6 - 5 runners and 1 parts saw.

Saws I am very impressed with -

046 Stihl - nice, well built machine. Feels great in my hands.
962 Efco - this thing rips. Great machine and a great value. Excellent power to weight.

Back