How many saws is this going to burn up?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ancy

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Saw this today at Sears.

attachment.php

View attachment 222596

I dunno - it could not be more clearly labeled.

They are selling stuff like that all over around here. Walmart, lowes, home depot, etc... Some is premix and some 4 cycle. It is all going for $7-$10 a QUART! Proves that people will buy anything. Lowes even had 5 gallons of kerosene for $45! It was supposed to some kind of super clean burning or some crap like that. Between this junk and bottled water it is no wonder the world is in the shape it is:msp_confused:

Well switched my Dad over to Tru-Fuel with his MS170 just so he had fresh mix around. I could see him not reading the label well, it's in the same bottle, next to the mixed stuff, and so on. But really $28 a gallon! The mixed stuff right next to it was $5.69 a quart. If the prices stay that way my Dad will be fine as he is tighter than me!

They are selling stuff like that all over around here. Walmart, lowes, home depot, etc... Some is premix and some 4 cycle. It is all going for $7-$10 a QUART! Proves that people will buy anything. Lowes even had 5 gallons of kerosene for $45! It was supposed to some kind of super clean burning or some crap like that. Between this junk and bottled water it is no wonder the world is in the shape it is:msp_confused:

Do the Math it would be cheaper to fix your saw then run that all the time.

That is irresponcible on Sears part to be making those lables look that much alike. But They'll be the ones losing when the saws get returned.

I run that mix in my blower and trimmer in the summer. Being that I only burn a quart or so in those 2 machines all summer, its better than trying to dump old mix out of them every 2 weeks or however long the crap gas is good for these days. If I find wood to cut in the summer I'll go get gas for the saw. though.

That is irresponcible on Sears part to be making those lables look that much alike. But They'll be the ones losing when the saws get returned.

I run that mix in my blower and trimmer in the summer. Being that I only burn a quart or so in those 2 machines all summer, its better than trying to dump old mix out of them every 2 weeks or however long the crap gas is good for these days. If I find wood to cut in the summer I'll go get gas for the saw. though.

What do you mean it says no oil added?

I will never step foot in a Sears store again. Just typing the name makes my blood pressure go up.:mad2:

Lowes even had 5 gallons of kerosene for $45! It was supposed to some kind of super clean burning or some crap like that.
Actually that is a good deal..imho..!!

This stuff is soo clean you can actually start it inside and NO smoke or BAD odors..!!

Not everyday stuff...but great to keep on hand for emergencies..like power outage in winter..!!

I wouldn't have believed it true until I actually tried it..!!
:cheers:
J2F

That fuel has no gum, no varnish, no winter or summer blend, no ethanol...... It's definitely a lot more than just pump gas with no ethanol added. Do some research on the stuff and you'll see alllll the benefits it provides. There's more to it than just no ethanol.

It will produce better, more consistent power. It will last much longer. It will significantly delay any need for fuel related maintenance and/or repairs. It is good stuff. For someone who burns a whole lotta fuel in their equipment, no, it's not really economical - especially if they maintain their own equipment. For the guy that burns maybe a gallon or two a year, it's a great investment in prolonging the life of his equipment. Cost of canned fuel vs. 1 hour labor at the shop.......

Never fail to underestimate the abilities of a stupid person, aka "the consumer public". This fuel will end up getting used in many 2 stroke engines and most will end up fried, there will be a few people like us that will understand that oil needs to be added. I believe that those uprights you walk through at the doors, the ones that alert when someone walks out with a item that has not been deactivated, are actually there to suck folks common sense out..... How else do you explain people going into Lowes for a box of nails and leaving with a new riding mower??

Weather Sears is irresponsible or not all depends on where they are displaying this fuel. If it is displayed on the shelf with the mower supplies then I do not see problem, on the shelf with the 2 stroke equipment then there is a problem.

That fuel has no gum, no varnish, no winter or summer blend, no ethanol...... It's definitely a lot more than just pump gas with no ethanol added. Do some research on the stuff and you'll see alllll the benefits it provides. There's more to it than just no ethanol.

It will produce better, more consistent power. It will last much longer. It will significantly delay any need for fuel related maintenance and/or repairs. It is good stuff. For someone who burns a whole lotta fuel in their equipment, no, it's not really economical - especially if they maintain their own equipment. For the guy that burns maybe a gallon or two a year, it's a great investment in prolonging the life of his equipment. Cost of canned fuel vs. 1 hour labor at the shop.......

I have to wonder if it's just coleman fuel. I know people do run it in engines.

I have to wonder if it's just coleman fuel. I know people do run it in engines.

In all likelihood it's probably a rebadged SEF fuel (VP) or TruFuel. I'd have to see the whole can. Definitely not Coleman fuel.

Back