how much of a pain is it to get Dolmar 166 parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnarfan

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Ran into a Dolmar 166 in my travels. Unfortunately I haven't been able to acquire the thing... however I do know it needs some work.. possibly ignition. Anyone know of parts scarcity on this one...or who the "go to" people are.

i'll assume 166 is on the list.. or is just a good ole dolmar dealer.

Hi, Found a Sachs-Dolmar 166 did ya?? was it new enough to have the deco valve, K&N air filter and chain brake?? Well our saws are all runners nothing as far as parts saws. If you decide not to buy it let us know I am interested in it for parts or rebuild....Any Pics??

Scott

been at the same shop for years

owned by a competition saw guy. he brought in that and some smaller cranks etc. the guys at the shop aren't sure what it needs. the last guy to work on it doesn't work there anymore... if i can get more of a scoop when they aren't as busy i'll try.

cuttinscott- did the 166 have a under-the-flywheel ignition similar to the Husqvarna 1100CD? A friend has a huge parts selection from a retired Sachs dealer and there's a box of ignitions like that.

cuttinscott- did the 166 have a under-the-flywheel ignition similar to the Husqvarna 1100CD? A friend has a huge parts selection from a retired Sachs dealer and there's a box of ignitions like that.

The Sachs-Dolmar 166 had a external ignition coil. The internal electronic ignitions were used on the BOSCH - 119, 120, 123, 133, 153 and the SEM assy on the 116 super, 120 super, 133 super, 143mx chain saws

Scott

What do you need, I have a 166 hotsaw in a box with a broken crank on the flywheel side. Does he want to sell the crank? The box 'o parts is for sale, has a nice ported cylinder, split head and fairly new piston. My good one and the one in the box have decomps. I have three spare coils also.

EDIT: Sorry Scott, didn't notice you had first dibs.

pm me with what you'd want for the box etc.
right now i'm trying to help a guy get his saw out of the shop. its been there for years. all i know is its ignition related...can get more info as it becomes available. so the more parts that show up the better. i think i'm going to sell off all my saws and go for more like these for myself. really like using my jonsereds 111s.. and am going to settle on a couple quick/light saws.. and then the rest monsters.

Latest posts

Back