how much wood do I have here??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

4' wide and 10' long 24'' sides

I know exacty how much but would like to see what you come up with .

IMG_3627.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

4' wide and 10' long 24'' sides

I know exacty how much but would like to see what you come up with .

Enough that if the MTO catch's you they will hang you.It takes around 200 cubic feet to hold a loose bush cord.

Alright, this might be a dumb question, but for those guys that said 100 cubic feet...how did you get at this....isnt that figured at 4x10x2=80? as in 4x4x8=128? Math never was a good subject for me.

Alright, this might be a dumb question, but for those guys that said 100 cubic feet...how did you get at this....isnt that figured at 4x10x2=80? as in 4x4x8=128? Math never was a good subject for me.

Because as you can see it is piled higher than the 2 foot sides so I guessed that it was about 2 1/2 feet high on average x 4 feet wide by 10 feet long = 100 cubic feet

:cheers:

The is a little more then a 1/3 of a cord in the trailer. 74 cubic feet to a 1/3 of a cord. That is a 80cubic ft trailer and it has a little mound to it. So what's the answer?

Scott

Well I'll agree with not nearly enough and way too much for that trailer, but in terms of stacked volume I'd estimate 1/2 cord.

I agree 1/2 cord, even if you do have the 100cu.ft only about 70% of the 100cu.ft actually there. Due to gaps. A cord measurement is a solid 128 cu.ft not to include air gaps and such.

there is exactly a half cord .
4 miles away and top speed of 40 mph got it home with no problems.
fired my boiler for 6 days .

next load of 12 cords will be in a week and I have rented an air ride Uhaul for that run.

Back