how much wood do I have here??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess about 90 cubic feet stacked. That's about 70% of one full cord. I get about 70 cubic feet on my pickup with the racks attached and piled cab high. (See my avatar).

You lose about 10 to 15% loading it in the trailer (or truck bed) using a random pile up rather than packing it tight.

there is exactly a half cord .
4 miles away and top speed of 40 mph got it home with no problems.
fired my boiler for 6 days .

next load of 12 cords will be in a week and I have rented an air ride Uhaul for that run.

Does the fine print on the UHaul contract still say No Firewood?

heee heee heee

and "I'm not going to tell and as long as it is cleaned out they wont either , barring a breakdown , of course.

12 cords of hardwood at 3,500 to 4,000 pounds per cord is , uhm , about 42,000 to 48,000 pounts.

A 7.5X9X24 ft box is 1620 ft^3

The box might hold 12 cords (1,536 ft^3) but I have my doubts the rear axle will hold the weight. A tandem axle truck MIGHT come close if the box didnt weigh anything and there wasnt a D.O.T. (or Canadian eq.) set of scales in your route home.

I guess about 90 cubic feet stacked. That's about 70% of one full cord. I get about 70 cubic feet on my pickup with the racks attached and piled cab high. (See my avatar).

You lose about 10 to 15% loading it in the trailer (or truck bed) using a random pile up rather than packing it tight.

He already gave the answer. 1/2 cord.:)

van has 288000 kms on it and was purchased new in 92 .
I have been pulling loads like this for years with this van and no problems as I am not a moron and always pull in 3rd and not overdrive.
I am not one that needs a 3 ton gas eating chevy for my daily driver and justify it by saying I haul a half cord of wood once a month so I need it!!
My ford festiva has the rear seat removed and a 3/4 inch plywood box installed in its place and I can load in 12 5 gallon pails of waste oil and it rides just fine but I am sure if I posted a pic of that you guys would think I need a 1 ton truck...

van has 288000 kms on it and was purchased new in 92 .
I have been pulling loads like this for years with this van and no problems as I am not a moron and always pull in 3rd and not overdrive.
I am not one that needs a 3 ton gas eating chevy for my daily driver and justify it by saying I haul a half cord of wood once a month so I need it!!
My ford festiva has the rear seat removed and a 3/4 inch plywood box installed in its place and I can load in 12 5 gallon pails of waste oil and it rides just fine but I am sure if I posted a pic of that you guys would think I need a 1 ton truck...

Hey man, everybody's got jokes, I know my driveway looks like the Exxon Valdez parks there. But, what I have gets rode hard and put up wet.

What did the Mounties say when they saw those tiny tiny baby tires ? Damn, the load rating can't be more than a stick. :dizzy:
This must be a Canuck thing : "How much doya think is in that load " ? :givebeer:

Back