How much wood have I got split?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rookie1

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey fellas how much have I got here. Plan on sharing it with my FIL and Mother,next years wood of course. I still have some to split but had to give splitter back. :mad:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks. Ive never had a pile like that. Usually as I split it I stack it. I got so much of that Maple that I stockpiled it at my FILs house. I need to move it now. :)

If it was any less than 3.5 cords I would be surprised. I'd say in the 4-4.5 ballbark. Of course I've been known to guess a bit low when it comes to how much wood is really in a pile.

If it ever gets ricked up You might post the results.

Last edited:
We are guessing strictly by eyeball without any hard measurements.
If your pic showed complete garage door, we could then use that standard 8-10 foot height as "yardstick for pile.

How bout if you just pace off the total length of your pile, and the depth (width) at what looks like the wide end and narrow end by building.
Height appears to average out to about 3- 4 foot ??

My eyeball only guess
Length 10 paces = 30'
Width 2 paces = 6'
Height = 4'
45 X 6 X 4 = 720 cubic feet
720 divided by 128 = 5.5 cords

Fun guessing...best regards

I'm gonna say 3 (full cord) also, more like 2 1/2 though. LOL! Still nice to look at! :D

I'm gonna say don't give up your day job, unless you are a photographer.

I say don't give up yer job and go to for a livin guessin how much wood...WTF?!?! 5 1/2 cord??? Face or full???????? :monkey:

full cords are the only way to measure IMO.. face cord is just a way of saying it to sound like you have alot when you don't..

The only way I measure any cord wood if full cord.

Ill have to measure to get more accurate. I do appreciate all your input. Like I said its for my family,I may have a hard time figuring because it will be stacked between 3 different houses. Thanks again :)

Back