How much would this job cost?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well if you ever need a free place to store that chipper for a few days, let me know. All I ask is you leave me the keys. :D

I finally finished the project a few days ago. Took a little longer because I decided to rake the whole area so I could mow it to keep the brush from growing back without going crazy with Roundup.

47b4cf31b3127cceaa24a16394e10000001610

Now I get to look forward to burning the mess in spring...

47b4cf31b3127cceaa24a17e15cc0000001610

The west end (in the distance on the photo) already has some fraiser fir and blue spruce transplants planted in 2003 (a couple can be seen on the right side of the photo). The east end (behind the photo) has some fraiser, bs, and black hills spruce transplants in addition to eastern red cedars courtesy of the birds (a couple are in the foreground). What's left in the middle (mostly shown in the picture) will receive Norway spruce transplants in the spring. The goal is to recreate a screen in a reasonably short amount of time, but minus the brush. The greener mowed area on the left is the neighbor's property. Removing the brush and jack pines opened up the southern exposure. I was hoping the existing transplants would get enough light with the standing jack pines. I knew it was a marginal situation since the jack pines were still very dense about 10 feet above the base up to the top of the tree, but the transplants put on little to no growth this year so I decided the only solution was to clear cut the entire area.

how can the price for that job vary so much ,so far we have had estimated prices from between $1000-$5000 ,you guys claim prices vary from location to location ,i agree to a point but i do not think prices vary so dramatically .i mean are chippers ,insurance wages ,fuel,cost of living,etc etc so different from location to location i do not think so.i don't think prices vary as much as you guys think..

your sales tax seems an unfair system to me ,whats the reason for such differances in property prices ? admitadly the US is way bigger than the UK but i would hazard a stab that property prices do not vary this much in northern europe

You have to keep it in perspective. A lot of America is undeveloped and over developed. The more commerce you have in an area and the less available land is the greater the cost. If you don't mind being 50 miles from a city you will pay less.

i get the picture xander..i bet overhere in the uk we are nether less than 20-25 miles from a large town or city

Back