How old are you?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• >20

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 20-30

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • 31-40

Votes: 56 20.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 57 20.9%
  • 51-60

Votes: 64 23.4%
  • 61+

Votes: 62 22.7%

• Total voters
i'm old enough to vote (and do) and draw social security (and don't). i'm alive and will be til i'm not. my body does what I tells it to do but always reminds me that it has somewhat of the last say. actually I always tell my kids i'm 18 trapped in this old body. funny how john kay copied me. hmm.

You know you’re getting old when...
…you can’t tell the difference between a heart attack and an orgasm.

…you have a party and the neighbours don’t even realize it.

…you’re asleep, but others worry that you’re dead.

…the gleam in your eye is the sun hitting your bifocals

…the four-letter word for something two people can do together in bed is ‘Read’.

:p

…you can’t tell the difference between a heart attack and an orgasm.

…you have a party and the neighbours don’t even realize it.

…you’re asleep, but others worry that you’re dead.

…the gleam in your eye is the sun hitting your bifocals

…the four-letter word for something two people can do together in bed is ‘Read’.

:p

Well that's good to know. I guess I'm not old yet!

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional if you guys were 20-30 yrs old again what would you do differently.

I would be busy making a lot more mistakes than I actually did. With foresight, I would have porked way more women and likely have 12 or more kids, a large herd of ex-wives, a big list of incurable diseases, be flat broke, and be thinking I should have taken the more safe and sane route like I actually did. I have been in enough situations where I barely survived and in which one inch different one way or another and I would not be around now. I also beat colon cancer as a result of a complete fluke. If you are over 50 get a colonoscopy, or risk a hideous death.

Which reminds me of what one ex used to tell me when I complained about aging: "If you do not like getting old, consider the alternative."

I'm in my 30s but my Docs say my back would be considered "bad" for a 70yr old with the damage and arthritis.

Mostly I sit around running equipment at least. Logging is my 2nd career full time career. I did 12 years in the Air Force before that. Was planning on 20 but I got hurt.

I did (and still do some) wild stuff. Raced motorcycles and muscle cars, ski patrol at Tahoe and Mt Hood, class VI kayaking and rafting, shooting, boating, sailing, scuba diving, mountain climbing, etc. etc. Partied my ass off for many years too. Drank too much whisky and smoked a lot of cigarettes. I even inhaled some ah... herb. Travelled all over north America. I have had guns held to my head in Central America and had near fatal diseases in Mexico gushing from both ends. Cannot say that any of these memories carries me through my older years. I would rather have a nice woman around to play with and be able to do more stuff now. The vibration from the motorcycles and trapeze harnesses racing Hobie Cat sailboats probably ruined my lower back at the ripe age of 30. L4-L5, L5-S1 are a mess. I have seen dozens of doctors about it. I refused spinal fusion surgery. I can still walk and get around though. They say everyone gets a bad back eventually.

They also say that what does not kill you makes you stronger, but I do not agree with that. Several friends of mine came back from VietNam in bad condition, mentally or physically. A few did not come back alive, or are still MIA. Some were exposed to stuff there that killed them later. They have (or had) to deal with some unreal conditions and memories. I had it easy, as I missed the draft and that war by a year. I feel at times like I was there though. So many of my friends and people that I worked with and knew were there. We lived between Ft. Ord and the Monterey airport in the late 1960s, and I went to several years of grade school on a Navy base. They were always training and firing artillery all day and night at Ft Ord. F-4 Navy planes were always training out of the north side of the airport. I used to watch the automatic tracer bullets firing at night out my bedroom window. Orange streaks bouncing off targets a few miles away with the muffled pop pop pop sound. They used to show us raw footage films of VN combat in grade and middle school getting us conditioned for that war.

Meh... anyway... getting old is not what it is cracked up to be. But, I guess it is better than not.

Back