How sick are you ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rxe

ArboristSite Guru
3120 for Husky fans and 880 for Stihl fans. That way it will be hard to buy a bigger saw.

If only this were true. I have an 880. I thought I was done. I thought the sickness was at least under control. Then I saw an 090 for sale. On eBay. Arrrgh. I bought it. If it works it will be a good price (about $700). Hopefully it will be delivered today.

I have a problem with fixing 2-strokes. I find it incredibly satisfying to take some machine that is "broken", put carb kit on it, tune it properly and make it work again. Unfortunately this means I end up with a lot of 2 strokes.

I have the disease badly, and even worse I live in the middle of London. For a lot of the year I can only look at my saws. For a few weeks of the year, I head down to Wales and cut wood. Different saw every day. I did get the 880 out recently - in London. A tree service guy was taking down a big storm damaged tree and I went over to ask him if I could pick up a load of firewood - in the UK he would have had to pay for disposal, so he was only too pleased. He was also having a bit of a hard time slicing up a 3 foot diameter trunk with a 460 and 20 inch bar. He looked confused when I told him I would deal with the trunk when he went to lunch. He looked even more confused when I appeared with the 880, helmet, chaps etc. :chainsawguy:

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
. AS Supporting Member.
I have the following conditions in varying amounts;

Millingitis: the urge to mill every fall tree that appears in ones vision
Onetrackchainsawminditis: the incessant appearance of chainsaws in ones thoughts.
Modifymotomania: The need to fiddle with, modify and change bits around on small gas powered motors.
Obsessive sharp chain disorder: The urge to sharpen a chain even after it has already been sharpened.
Border-line gas sniffers syndrome: feeling a degree of comfort and familiarity in the presence of low concentrations of 2-stroke mix.

taplinhill

taplinhill

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I didn't think I had a problem. 45 (active and the wounded) was a nice round number. Then I went to my uncle's and saw 2 like new 2101's sitting on top of his shelf. He would not sell them and I could fell the rage deep inside.

Hi, I'm Eric and I have a problem.
(Group, all together now, HI ERIC)

belgian

belgian

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
I have a problem with fixing 2-strokes. I find it incredibly satisfying to take some machine that is "broken", put carb kit on it, tune it properly and make it work again. Unfortunately this means I end up with a lot of 2 strokes.

Same here. It's not really the chainsaw, but more the "2 stroke thing" for me. I have tinkered a lot on motorbike engines since I was 15, the chainsaw disease came a lot later.

He was also having a bit of a hard time slicing up a 3 foot diameter trunk with a 460 and 20 inch bar. He looked confused when I told him I would deal with the trunk when he went to lunch. He looked even more confused when I appeared with the 880, helmet, chaps etc. :chainsawguy:

I can imagine that, quite funny LOL.

ents

ArboristSite Guru
Never thought I had a problem until I found A.S. Now, not satisfied with a stock saw. Now, not satisfied with the 3 I have even tho that's all I really need. CURE: NOMONEYITIS!

rxe

ArboristSite Guru
I've had a really bad afternoon with the disease: my 090 AV arrived in the post this morning.

Ohhhh...what do I do...start it up or check it out? OK, let's be sensible, check it out.

6 piece clutch - good start
Plug covered in carbon - good, its been run rich.
Exhaust off - phew, no scoring.
Check the bore diameter - 66 mm, YES, it's an 090 not an 070.

So I fueled and oiled it. It started about 6th pull and idled perfectly, loads of smoke, so yes, its rich. No problem, I'll get the tach on it later.

There's just one problem. I've got no wood to cut here! :bang: :bang: Still, at least I stink of 2-stroke.

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
Just bought 2 saws this week that I really didnt need. :help: one in the 3ci and one for the 5ci and see where the chips fly.:bowdown:

Christman

Christman

ArboristSite Operative
Hi my name is kent and i'm an addict!!!!!!!!!

I find myself in an uncontrolable rage when I use my 372modified saw and run out of wood to cut in 30 minutes. Then I start looking around for dead trees to cut( there has got to be one out there). Then I wish i wouldn't of use the fast saw because I still could be cutting wood if it was a little slower.

You know you got a problem when you hear a chainsaw in the distance and you go over to see what is going on and you bring your saw with you. ( and you don't even know the people.

You got a problem when your family members make fun of you because you have of many saws.

YOU HAVE THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WHEN YOU CUT WOOD ON YOUR ANNIVERSARY AND YOUR WIFE COMPLAINS BECAUSE YOUR NOT SPENDING ENOUGH TIME WITH HER, SO YOU TELL HER TO PICK UP A SAW. Ya I did that, she was piiiisssssssssseeeedddd.:) all my friends thought is was funny

andrethegiant70

andrethegiant70

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have lost count of how many chainsaws I have..I'm set for projects 'till about 2010! My disease is partially controlled with liberal applications of my wife's horrifying glares.

Latest posts